Gone to work at Ocoee Hydro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gone to work at Ocoee Hydro

Just a note: I'm working again so my posts will be down. If you need me, email.

Visual basic 6: projects...
    I got the logitech camera code cracked, If anyone else wants to build a scanner lemme know. Laser side-scan mirror is in mail. I also got "getpixel" (looking for laser color) to working, but not instigated the for-next search loops.

I also got the play-station 2 code working, found a visual basic utility that allow you to program any button on it to emit a string of keyboard keys. I am working to rewrite it to suit myself, and be configurable to anyones's keys for thier buttons. This means, with the dual sticks I can write 3d lines, primitives, edit , zoom, pan-rotate the models in Bobcad or any of the 3d modeling programs. Just like playing a game, except it is serious.

DeskProto (european cam software) rocks. I strongly suggest anyone purchasing cadcam to solidworks and deskproto.

Been out of work so long my butt is dragging. Gotta roll..

David

IT'S ABOUT TIME YOU WENT BACK TO WORK,
    YA BUM.
    :-)~

Comment

Nice to see you back in harness. That laying around gets stale after awhile (so they tell me, I never got to do it!). Now, don't work too hard.

Ray....

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 06-15-2005).]
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Dang, there you go using them four letter words again. Good luck in the new position. I just hope the position ain't over a barrel.

Geez! 5am post! It's still dark here.

Comment

Best of luck

Comment

Best of luck.
            Things are going to be boring around here without David. :-(

Comment

It's been a long time since I was at Ocoee. Which one are you working on, 1, 2, or 3?

Comment

Ocoee 3, up the river... Getting there early enough to miss the rafters and leaving late enough to miss them. I have seen about ten or more bikinis around the swimming area thou.

I showed up tuesday, worked till 5, the rascals have been working me too, not just sitting on my toolbox hooking up 14 ga wires. *like last time, a nice tech hookup job.

I pulled some 500mcm Yesterday, have love marks all over my rt shoulder.. Darn stuff..

I pulled some into a panel in 99, when I cut it with the de-horners It curled up and scratched the side of my face. I went home and that silly woman just swore a woman had scratched me.

I am pretty burned out. Drinking a Newcastle brown and resting a bit.

Are ya TvA, Al? or another one of US, temporary workers?

David

Comment

Ibew - congrats on the new position. Hope it fills your tank for a while. Be safe, of course - remember what I said about later studies?

You can use my very own excuse for the wife, too. All those nice young things can run much faster than an old fat guy like me. Sadly, she belives it with no further questions...

-M
                  The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

David, I was just a tourist when I visited there. I was really impressed with the age of the turbines and the fact that they were still in operation. Also, I was impressed with the Ocoee (No.?) that diverted the river around the mountain in a Hog Trough(Flume) to get it up to a proper height.

Comment

Newcastle brown.
                      You got taste ibew
                      that's my favorite.
                      the only drink that don't give me a bad stomach or a hangover.
                      all the best.mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 06-16-2005).]

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 06-16-2005).]

Comment

Ibew: You never told us did you get poison ivy from that chop job you were working on?
                        Gary P. Hansen
                        In memory of Marine Engineer Paul Miller who gave his life for his country 7-19-2010 Helmand Province, Afghanistan. Freedom is not free, it is paid for with blood.

Comment

Gary:

No poison ivy, I was never allergic to it till I burned some and inhaled the smoke. I swelled up all over and could hardly breathe for two days then.

I got a dash a few weeks back from running the weed eater.

Chop job is coming right along, I think I have traded some work for a engine to do till I get the old 350 back together. That engine has destroyed three bodies and been in seven. The last one the lil monza spyder w/iroc 5 speed got the valve springs. I guess I am too old to keep the motor from poking redline in the gears. That car would do wheelstands. Lots of fun.

Al:
                          It's ocoee 2 that has the cypress flume, It also has a small railroad on top of the flume I got to ride last job as a reward for being ahead of schedule and everything just turning on. Near perfect hook-up and no problems. (odd for a goverment job)
                          No more citizen tours, the 9/11 did away with them. Most hydros have a pass-card security gate now. You have to have a clearance, no felonys.

David

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 06-17-2005).]

Comment

Working...
                          X