X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Shop and House

Just thought I would share this:

http://www.anvilsandinkstudios.com/ourhouse.html

Nice house, a garage for her, a two car garage for my shop, farm building, hay shed, and the back 40.

Jerry

Great setup. wondered where you had got to. What with baling hay and milking cows your never going to get any shop work done.
    good pictures.
    bobby.
    boef

Comment

Nice spread and good pics! I can see that concrete patio off the garage doors with a nice pavillion style roof. Be an awesum way to work in the summer! We moved 2 years ago and I just got my shop going. Working on my first project now. Hope your shop setup goes smoother than mine! Have fun, make chips and for pete's sake keep that lawn mower well cared for!
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

The back 40 are for raising hay. The previous owner raised ponies. I think raising hay and selling it more of what we will do, or just lease the property out to some elese to raise hay or horses or emus or what ever

Jerry

Comment

Nice looking place Jerry. A good friend of mine just moved out of town to an acreage. Serious jealosy set in when I saw his new shop. He has a huge galvanized steel Quonset hut with a professional concrete pad.

Forget growing hay yourself, let someone else do it. It's way to much work for the money it brings unless you go for a specialty product which is even more work. If you want to grow a cash crop look into something that produces a high return per acre. Depending on your climate something like Sea Buckthorn might do. It's easy to grow and undemanding. Sea Buckthorn is a nutraceutical. It is labor intensive to harvest as no one has been able to develop a mechanical harvester to pick the berries. This limits the competition and it can return up to $10,000 profit per acre. I would grow it here but I don't have enough water.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 06-20-2005).]
          Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Jerry,

nice looking place! looks like not too many neighbors to complain about loud banging and grinding in the middle of the night.

andy b.
            The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Congratulations!

The attached garage AND detached workshop! Sounds like a winner! No doubt the rural authorities are much more tolerant of shop activities than urban NIMBY's

BTW, a few inquiries with the neighbors may yield a tenant for the back 40. I have 7 acres of mixed hay a neighbor has harvested for the last 4 years running in exchange for a helping hand, loan of equipment, and overall good relations.

Cam

Comment

congrats Jerry, i'm envious of that nice big shop builing. btw, just so you fit in with the local yokals, you raise animials, and grow crops

Comment

Is that in Pennsylvania?

Comment

Andy,

This is in Eastern Ohio, off of I-70 near St Clairsville. The area is depressed because most of the coal is mined out and the industries have closed down. I work for me, and don't need to work near anything other than a place for the delivery guys to find me. The road in front of this place is paved.

Jerry

Comment

Working...
                    X