looking for plans for a milling machine vise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for plans for a milling machine vise

A neighbor mentioned they wanted to build a vise for their mill and wanted to know if I had any plans. I could come up with some sketches, but first I thought I would put an inquirey out seeing if anyone knew of any freebie plans he could work from. It's a beginner project for him, we have some scrap metal laying around, I know it's pretty easy, I just don't have the time to sit down and generate some sketches right now.

Ideas? Links?

Thanks, Axel

One of my favorite sites for ideas and drawings of tools to make for my shop is: http://homepage3.nifty.com/amigos/index-e.html
    His #29 subject is a vise.
    Mel

[This message has been edited by lugnut (edited 06-22-2005).]

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.

Comment

lugnut, that's a really nice website. Thanks for sharing. I got hundreds of pic's off of google image searches and have never run across any of these. Don't know how that's possible unless he specified it in his title pages! Guy does some really nice work.

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 06-22-2005).]
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
      X