Hendy and Norton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hendy and Norton

Anyone heard of or have any info on a Hendy and Norton No 2 universal horizontal milling machine. Made in Conn. Found one yesterday, unfortunately is is sitting outside and is laying on it's side. It is a flat belt drive unit and dates from the early 1900's. Seems to have been well greased and I believe it is restorable. I certainly don't need it and have no room for it in my shop, but am considering it as a project, and I really don't need another project, but it may fill up some idle winter time. It might be a freebie.

------------------
    Paul G.
    Paul G.

Just a Google away!

http://www.plainviewfarms.com/mill/

[This message has been edited by QSIMDO (edited 06-26-2005).]
    Len

Comment

Thanks Q that will help.

------------------
      Paul G.
      Paul G.

Comment

If I can remember to take the digital camera to work (and then remember how IT works!) I'll take some pictures of what's left of the old Hendey plant.
        Though, the only remotely architecturally interesting building left is the main office.

The plant itself is still there but been through so many permutations over the years it's of no real historic interest. As a matter of fact, well over 40 years ago I worked there when it was a pillow factory of all things!

Len

Comment

Working...
        X