Spark plug steam engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spark plug steam engine

An understatement to say the least......
    " I really do not know much more about this item! Sorry! "

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...525515893&rd=1
    To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Just shows the ignorance of some internet/E-bay sellers. If it has a spark plug, how can it possibly be a "steam engine"? Does it separate the steam into H2 and O2 and then burn them? I guess to some anything with a flywheel is a steam engine.

I am curious as to what the vertical cylinder on the side is. Fuel tank?

Perhaps it is incomplete.

Paul A.
    Paul A.

Make it fit.
    You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

They also don't know much about the value of the engine either.

It's a nice little engine, but hardly worth $500. Maybe $200+, assuming it works......

RPease

Comment

It kind of looks like the Duclos Odds & Ends engine crossed with the Lil Angel. I would not be surprised to see it sell. If it started at a lower price, it quite possibly would bid up to $500.00.

No, it is not a steam engine, and yes, that is a gas tank. No coil or ignition, but it does have a governor.
        Jim H.

Comment

I did run across a number of patents for combined steam/internal combustion engines at the USPTO some time ago...can't remember the advantages

Comment

they are called half-breeds. they are from the oil fields, and the reason is because you need a licensed boiler operator and an expensive boiler to run a steam engine, but if you swap out a few parts, you can run off well gas, and have no licensed boiler operator or boiler, and free fuel.

http://www.herculesengines.com/Oil%20City/default.htm

http://users.zoominternet.net/~pcgra...ree/ThoPro.htm

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JCHannum:
              It kind of looks like the Duclos Odds & Ends engine crossed with the Lil Angel. I would not be surprised to see it sell. If it started at a lower price, it quite possibly would bid up to $500.00.

No, it is not a steam engine, and yes, that is a gas tank. No coil or ignition, but it does have a governor.
              </font>
              I agree with JC. I've seen the Odds&Ends & Lil Angel quite a few times at the shows. This example seems to be built mostly from aluminum.

Frank

Comment

It did sell with one $499.99 bid.
                Jim H.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JCHannum:
                  It did sell with one $499.99 bid. </font>
                  I stand corrected.........Guess I'll have to make a few of these and list them on Ebay before they spend all of their money.

RPease

Comment

If you notice, the buyer was unregestered (sp) So who knows if he will pay. I do not think that thing was worth even $100.00 much less $500.00!!!

------------------
                    CLM
                    CLM

Comment

Three negative ebay feedbacks in around 1آ½ hours, thats going some !!

Phil

Comment

The user got NARU'ed. Seems someone in ebay IS awake after all. The sellers will probably get their listing fees back too.

Comment

What possible enjoyment can people get from
                          winning bids and refusing to pay??

I hope Ebay has some way of telling if the jerk trys to register under another name and bars him forever.

The world is too full of "low lifes". We need to bring back public hangings. They appeared to be soooo....much fun. A real picnic.......Those were the good ol' days.......
                          RPease

Comment

Working...
                          X