Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting co-worker / Ex-co-worker shenanigans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting co-worker / Ex-co-worker shenanigans?

Any lurid stories?

Found out today, a former co-worker was dinged for making and selling half a million illegal cable de-scramblers, AND not paying taxes on the profits.
    He has to pay something over $300,000, and is on 5 years probation, 6 mos "house arrest". I actually thought that was pretty light. I knew perfectly well he had been doing {something shady} for 10 years {but wasn't sure what was shady}.
    Yeah, the usual, guy with shady income, three expensive houses, big truck, horses, money to burn, the whole deal. Hate to say it, but that kind of person annoys me, I don't feel very bad when they get caught.

Another guy was caught cooking meth in the garage. We think that yet a third ex-employee ratted on him.....

I'm waiting to see what happens eventually to the one who recently quit. He quit because work interfered with taking care of his very lucrative business of "adult" websites and internet sales of related "stuff".

The things you find out about people......

Edited{}

[This message has been edited by J Tiers (edited 06-29-2005).]

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

I've rented over a 100 DVD's from Netflix and never rewound any of them.. Does that count?

-Adrian

Comment

"I'm waiting to see what happens eventually to the one who recently quit. He quit because work interfered with taking care of his very lucrative business of "adult" websites and internet sales of related "stuff"."

I'm actually surprised anyone can make it in this business...it's tough. Lucrative is an understatement for that type of business. Material is expensive, bandwidth is expensive, advertisting, etc...then you have to keep out the hackers.

I looked at it for a while...I wanted something I could run while going to school. If my girlfriend wasn't going in to teaching, I might have given it a go...however all it takes in a small town is to get your taxes done by someone with a big mouth.

One of the previous places I worked just cracked a guy for steeling tooling and posting it on Ebay. Freaking moron...you cant steal custom made tooling!

Another previous place a guy was borrowing lots of laboratory equipment...moisture analyzers, PH, conductivity, a couple old HID lamps, you can see where I'm going. He didn't get busted...moved to new mexico or something.

Sooo many more, but I dont like incriminating people

-Jacob

Comment

You are a jerk Adrian...

I HATE waiting for my DVD to rewind...and it's all your fault!

Comment

LOL, that was good. Oops sorry for the caps.

Careful, snowman he will moon you.

[This message has been edited by IOWOLF (edited 06-28-2005).]

Comment

Well, lets see I knew the guy who was king of the illegal concert T-Shirt trade for a while. He took his money and moved to a better neighborhood.

Now I know who isn't rewinding the DVDs, darn you all to heck!

Jerry

Comment

Yeah, my coworker worked with me six years ago, has a pair of crimp tools that just fits into a toolbox, I have not saw mine in about six years and they look just like them.

Reckon it is the same guy? He professes to be a good christian. Me? I'm just a honest Georgia boy who gets taken by everyone. Read that Niave.

David

Comment

If you knew he was doing it for ten years why didn't you report him you are not better than he is. People like this annoy you? You sound jealous.
                Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

We've got a guy who has management convinced he's half nuts. Likes to brag about his assault rifles and such.

He's also the brightest tech in the shop. Ain't nothing you can drag infront of him that he can't fix. He's in cahoots with another guy who used to work across town at another station. It looks like they fence things taken from our freaking business for each other but management dosen't have the balls to try and proove it. It's pretty much open knowledge. Yet the company is afraid of his alleged assault rifles. Kinda like a woman who is afraid to turn in an abusive husband.

At about the time his marriage was going thru some rough water he missed 6 weeks of work in the hospital. They found him one weekend behind city hall severly beaten up. There was no reason for his being there. Ain't nothing there but parking ramps. The rumour mill has it that his wife's family had him dealt with. He now speaks well of his family but we're still missing **** !!

It's kind of a negative reward for all the employees who try to do a good job.

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 06-29-2005).]
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

i worked at a place where they supplied all the tools. well this guy and his wife was going through a divorce. she showed up at the front gate with her trunck full of company marked tools and truned them over to the man . well he got his divorce, canned and jail time too.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by snowman:
                      You are a jerk Adrian...

I HATE waiting for my DVD to rewind...and it's all your fault!

</font>
                      It's not that bad if you know the trick...just turn em over and use the fast foreward.

Had a guy get fired for stealing toilet paper! Ya don't try to sneak out 24 rolls at one time...spread it out...plus the women will notice your new boost of self confidence!
                      Another couple got fired for having sex in the bathroom.Clearly,they had not read the employee handbook.Page 46 plainly states that "Sexual activity is permitted in designated areas only."

[This message has been edited by bobodu (edited 06-29-2005).]
                      If I got it right first time,everytime....I\'d have a real job!

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chief:
                        If you knew he was doing it for ten years why didn't you report him you are not better than he is. People like this annoy you? You sound jealous.</font>
                        Because

1) my "knowlege" did not amount to proof, or even "reasonable cause"...there are such things as false police reports, libel laws, harassment, etc.

2) What a third party SAYS is happeneing is not proof.

3) There is no requirement to investigate and GET proof, and I am not a "government informer".

4) I see folks run red lights every day, and I don't call the cops, AND NEITHER DO YOU.

Jealous? Of getting 5 years probation? Nope..... annoyed that crime pays but no good deed goes unpunished.

Look at Richard Scrushy..... free, can't be prosecuted again, and IMO does not deserve to be free.

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

Comment

Ooooh I got a good one. At the local Kiaser aluminum plant many years ago their was this group of maintanance workers. Three of them if I remember right. There are lots of tunnels and various rooms underground. They were where they routed a lot of the electrical and plumbing needed to run the large rolling and sheet proccess machinery.

Well these guys found an unused and aparently forgotten room that used to house some electrical panels or whatever. Anyway under the cover of graveyard shift they procceded to set themselves up a mariyawna growing operation.

I don't remember how long it lasted. If I got the story strait it was discouvered by an engineer walking down one of the tunnels with a set of blueprints and counting the doors. He discouvered a door not noted on the prints with a padlock on it, and just had to look inside.

By the way these guys had a average of about about fifteen years with the company.

------------------
                          Gene

[This message has been edited by topct (edited 06-29-2005).]
                          Gene

Comment

Please don't assume to know or not know what I do, You stated you knew what he was doing for ten years, You remind me of the the tired "I was just following orders "
                            line.
                            Not everyone has your low standards of integrity.
                            Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

All of my friends AND family know, if they are breaking the law and I find out about it, I will turn them in myself. I don't break the law and I will turn in anyone that does and is stupid enough to tell me about it or let me see it happen.
                              James Kilroy

Comment

Working...
                              X