maximat v10p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maximat v10p

I have just purchased a maximat v10p with the 4 speed milling head. As is the case with most used machines there was no manuals. I have contacted [email protected] and got the prices for his cd's of the manuals. The price seemed a bit high, but I didn't know how big the manuals were. Does anyone have copies available.

When I opened the cover for the lathe gearbox, the oil level was well below the gears. I am assuming the gears should be partially submerged. Is this correct? I saw the recent thread about what type of lubes to use, but I didn't see any amounts. Could someone tell me what the levels should be in both the gearbox and the milling head?

Thanks In Advance!!!

Check your e-mail.

Joe

Comment

This guy at Tonys lathes is very expensive I wouldn't buy anything from him he wanted آ£40 for a copy of my lathe manual I eventually got one from a friend for a favour and آ£15,some of the ones he does are over آ£100 he can keep them he's not getting my money Alistair
      Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

project280: AFAIK, there should be a sight glass on the front face of the headstock which indicates oil level. The oil should be halfway up that glass. If it's covered with grunge, just measure from the top of the headstock down and fill your oil to that point. The low end of the gears should be in the oil and they splash lube the rest of the headstock. Make sure that the galleys (channels) in the top of the casting are clear of debris but don't let any fall into the bearings.

Sorry but I can't help with the mill.

Den

Comment

If you haven't had any success yet, shoot me an email with your mailing address. I'll make a copy of my manual for you.

-SD:

Comment

Hi Smokedaddy, any chance of a copy as well

Comment

OOOOPS, forgot to add an addy.
              [email protected]
              thanks --- in advance.

Comment

I scanned the manual and created a .PDF file for you guys. I optimized it as well to keep the physical size down. If the file is to large let me know and I'll reduce it. I would appreciate in hearing back from you if you get the attachment via email.

-SD:

PS: Haven't heard from anyone yet.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but I am now in the same search, looking for v10p documentation. Does anyone have a shareable PDF?

Originally posted by Smokedaddy View Post
                  I scanned the manual and created a .PDF file for you guys. I optimized it as well to keep the physical size down. If the file is to large let me know and I'll reduce it. I would appreciate in hearing back from you if you get the attachment via email.

-SD:

PS: Haven't heard from anyone yet.

Comment

Join the yahoo group EMCOV10LATHE. All the docs and much more are in their files section.

Comment

Working...
                    X