Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing machined custom PC case (with pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing machined custom PC case (with pics!)

Not mine, only wish I had that machinery. But check out this custom case.

Later, the guy builds another version, even more wild. This is just the water-cooling section!

Doc.
    Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

holy crap that's cool

Comment

Here's my mods.

I got tired of looking like a walrus down on my hands and knees pluggin in cables. I plasma cut the case after marking the motherboard footprint, mig welded the nose to the arse, then reinstalled motherboard and all drives. Put it into my Bridgeport and not had to get down on my hands and knees since.

I think they all should be made like that.

------------------
      David Cofer, Of:
      Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

Comment

It's pretty,completely impractical,but pretty

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wierdscience:
          It's pretty,completely impractical,but pretty
          </font>
          yeah well, so's a model engine...so can't fault him for that. thought the case was cool, the fan was over the top, too busy imo. I bet there is a market selling those to rich geeks....:P....after all people used to pay or maybe still do 100k for high end stereo equipment.

in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Took me a few seconds to notice the corners on his case were shaped as indexable lathe tooling. It is a work of art in my oppinion although I dont want to know how much all that billet cost.

Comment

Actually, the part with the "indexible" or sharp-edged corners goes on TOP of the piece with the water reservoirs.

It'll be three levels- water on bottom, presumably the main board in the middle, and the various drives and power supply in the top half.

Now- think of those "blade" looking corners on top of the lower columns. In one of the thread posts, he says he made them that way so they'd look like "sword handles".

Hence, the name of the project: "Dark Blade".

'Course, I had to read it all about three times before I figured that out...

Doc.
              Doc's Machine. (Probably not what you expect.)

Comment

Yep, and one week after he is done I will be able to spend less than $2000 and buy a laptop that is faster.
                James Kilroy

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jkilroy:
                  Yep, and one week after he is done I will be able to spend less than $2000 and buy a laptop that is faster.</font>
                  Or you could spend a little more and get one with a Ferrari theme: http://www.tigerdirect.com/email/wem...CCODE=WEM931TT

Comment

Tuckerfan, I bought one of the Acer AL1912 LCD Monitors directly below the Ferrari theme. I got my $50.00 rebate yesterday making it one of the best deals I've gotten in a long time. I have been testing it for ~3 weeks in the house but I got it for my shop where it won't take up the whole benchtop like the Diamond Scan 20.

Comment

Working...
                    X