Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody have experience with AC-Tech VFDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody have experience with AC-Tech VFDs?

i was going to pick up a hitachi unit from ebay, but the jackasses at hitachi decided that they don't want to make money any more and they won't ship the damn thing from the factory.

the guy i'm dealing with offered me a similarly-equipped AC-Tech drive for less and is claiming they're a superior product. is he blowing smoke up my ass or should i jump for it? i think the model is the SM230S...
    -paul

hello
    i have an ac tech drive. works great for me,never had any problems and there made in the usa
    jon

Comment

I have had great luck with AC Tech. I contacted their tech department for an installation, (being a real rookie). Not only did they have an answer right away, somebody from the tech department called me out of the blue a week later to make sure all was working well.

I have a friend who started working with VFD's back when they were the size of a refrigerator, and he thought it was the best he'd seen.

Ed
      Ed Bryant

Comment

I've been using AC Tech drives and their remote keypad on machinery I rebuild for home shop use . . Their customer support is fantastic and their main tech is on the "other" machinist site on the RFC/Vfd segment.... Great product .. prograsmming the first one was confusing but then I'm not very computer literate . . but 1 call and they walked me through the whole setup and all the parameters . .I still think it must all be done with smoke and mirrors though . just amazing . .

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by zman92020:
          I've been using AC Tech drives and their remote keypad on machinery I rebuild for home shop use . . Their customer support is fantastic and their main tech is on the "other" machinist site on the RPC/Vfd segment.... Great product .. prograsmming the first one was confusing but then I'm not very computer literate . . but 1 call and they walked me through the whole setup and all the parameters . .I still think it must all be done with smoke and mirrors though . just amazing . . </font>

Comment

I have one. Bought the SM220S (2 HP, single phase input) for the Clausing 5914 I bought last year. I found it to be a very nice product. The SCM series (the SM230S is part of that series) is very basic and does not have alot of bells and whistles like some of the other drives, but does the job. Realistically, you probably won't need any of the features the fancier models offer. The model you are talking about has the ability to be controlled remotely, there is a set of auxilliary realy contacts you can program to close depending on the status you want to monitor or control, and everything is programmable via the faceplate.

If the price seems reasonable I wouldn't hesitate to buy one.

One of the main reasons I chose the AC Tech drive is it has a -20C storage spec. Most other drives list the lowest storage spec as -10C, but my garage is only heated when I am working in it and it will sometimes get to around -20C in the dead of winter.

So far no problems.

Comment

well, i guess my new vfd should be getting shipped express ups tomorrow morning from the AC-Tech warehouse. we'll see how it goes...
              -paul

Comment

Working...
              X