Gen. Westmoreland dead,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen. Westmoreland dead,

at 91. It's been along time and I won't say he was good or bad but I do believe he was out of his depth many times, He had WW2 and Korea too deeply ingrained, hell, maybe all of us did, it sure wasn't like the movies.
    He did stick with it for four years and that does say something about the man especially in today's "if it isn't instant why do it world". Goodnight General.
    Non, je ne regrette rien.

I got to throw him a high-ball once in Rach Kien. Been curious to see what he could have done with the war if the politicians would have let him. As it was they ran the show, mostly from the TV death count and polls I believe.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

This passing is helping to close another chapter in my life. Good night General, where ever you are.

Jerry

Comment

Hand, Salute!

Paul A.
        Paul A.
        SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
        You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

served under his command in 67-68. I agree with Paul and Jerry, Salute, and rest in peace General!

Comment

General Westmoreland was very well thought of here, where he was born. He is my 4th or 5th cousin. I never had the pleasure of meeting him, but my Dad knew him from way back..

Comment

Hail farewell to a good soldier.
              I had the privilege of being an AU officer with Westy in 55/56. He was fair and always gave us the time to explain our needs.
              We didnt win that one but it was certainly not Westy's fault. For a long time in 55 he used to say he was in the business of distributing shortages. Our units were attached to 173AB Bde sep US under Brig Butch Williamson at Bien Hoa. Westy looked after us like we were one of his own.
              Vale for a good man.
              bobbybeef.
              boef

Comment

Working...
              X