JET machine paint, what type is it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JET machine paint, what type is it

I have lucked into a JET horizontal bandsaw.

http://www.wmhtoolgroup.com/product_...ges/414459.jpg

It needs a major cleaning, bearings and some TLC. So, I have the thing apart and started to clean it.

I have noticed that for the most part the paint is not so bad. But I do not like the white color and there are areas that are badly chipped up. Plus, a guy marked it with a big splotch of yellow paint that I can't remove without removing the base paint.

So, with it apart and clean, now would be a good time to paint it.

Does anyone know what type paint they used? I want to spray over what is there now because it is holding and would keep me from stripping the whole thing down. I only want to make sure that the paint I buy to cover is compatiable with whats there from the factory.

Thanks JG
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

I'd check with Jet.

They included a small can of touch up paint with some of my Jet machines. Maybe they'd send you one or two.

Comment

The can I have is covered in Chinese scrip and smells like dead fish so I couldn't tell ya. Spray it with an epoxy primer first then it won't matter.

Comment

Rock,

How much do you need?

Jerry

Comment

jfsmith - I need enough that I should probably just squirt the entire thing. It was heavly used since 2000. Today I will be hammering the pan out so that it will drain the coolant back into the sump.

I would think that 1/2 quart would cover it. Too bad Shirman Williams only sells gallons of the industrial epoxy. I might break down and buy a gal and only mix a portion of it. I wanted to give SW a try to see what I thought. I was not impressed with the Rustoleum I tried a few weeks ago. Its still a little gummy.

rock
          Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Rock,

Benjamin Moore still sells their industrial quality paint in quart sizes – will custom color mix it if needed. I don’t know how it equates to the SW brand though. You might check it out if you have a dealer in your area.

Comment

Working...
            X