I.C.E.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.C.E.

Paramedics will turn to a victim's cell phone for clues to that person's identity. You can make their job much easier with a simple idea that they are trying to get everyone to adopt: ICE.
    ICE stands for In Case of Emergency. If you add an entry in the contacts list in your cell phone under ICE, with the name and phone no. of the person that the emergency services should call on your behalf, you can save them a lot of time and have your loved ones contacted quickly. It only takes a few moments of your time to do.
    Paramedics know what ICE means and they look for it immediately. ICE your cell phone NOW!

Please pass this along

Great idea! (Ooops! Is somebody going to accuse me of brown nosing again? )

Seriously, no telling how many people could be helped by that tip.

Thanks for passing along the idea IOWOLF.

Comment

Yea, but someone will think it's another way BIG Brother can have us under his thumb.

I hope those are the ones that need it,and don't have it.

Comment

Good grief. What happened to the days when you just carried a "In Case of Emergency" card in your wallet? It's more likely to be found WITH the body!

Besides, I don't have a CP.

Comment

Ken,

My other half who is a diabetic bought one of those nice medalions (gold plated) with her name, some kind of ID number and a toll free number on it. They never look at it. I have a medic alert thing on my key ring and my GI red dog tag because I am allergic to PCN is on the same key ring, they never look at it.

Jerry

Comment

This is fine and dandy till you lose your cell phone, I still wear my dogtags and carry a card.
            Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

This may not be appropiate here, but here is an e-mail that was sent to me. I took it for just an other spoof but maybe there is something to it.

ICE (In Case of Emergency)

One of the problems the police, in London, have had since the bombings last week is contacting the next of kin of the victims. Obviously most people have cell phones today but the authorities do not know which person in the directory to call?

One of the suggestions police have made is that each of us create a contact number in our directory identified as "ICE" (In Case of Emergency). This number should be for the person you would like contacted in case of emergency. If your phone allows for additional numbers or text you can of course add additional information or simply create more files ICE-1, ICE-2, ICE-3, etc.

I am going to add an ICE contact in my directory. If you pass this e-mail on maybe ICE will become a part of most
              directories.

Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
              http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

Ice is so last decade

------------------
                Board Bully

Comment

Shoulh have been dine a long time ago. Perhaps the phone makers could add an area for E info.

Paul A.
                  Paul A.
                  SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                  You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

I'd druther they toted me off to the hospital, instead of wasting time.
                    Next/kin may be contact via post card.

Comment

Gee, that sounds like a good idea. Now, all we need is cell phone service.
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

CCWKen, Evan, Chief, I guess you don't need to worry about it then,Huh?
                        For us in the 21st century it is a good idea. IMHO

Comment

THen I be really backward no Cell and no credit card, they probably just roll me over in the ditch. Darn hope there is a ditch when I get banged...........

Comment

How do you get along in life with no credit cards?
                            Do you never go to motels,rent a car,pay for internet?

Comment

I didn't say I was against the idea, just that there is a risk invovled if you lose your phone.
                              Btw, I don't have a cell phone, credit card or checking account and my life works just fine, I pay with
                              cash that way I don't owe anyone, all my bills go to the bank and they pay them out of my account and I review the statment at the end of the month.
                              Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Working...
                              X