Plasma Cutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plasma Cutter

What thickness of mild steel or stainless would a 25amp plasma cutter cut? Thanks

I can cut 3/8" MS easly on my lincoln pro cut 25. 1/4" SS
    I can gouge my way through 1/2 if I hold my mouth just right.

[This message has been edited by IOWOLF (edited 07-24-2005).]

Comment

My blue box miller, 35 amps.. it barely will cut 1/4"

It is old.. most the old ones were designed to do sheet metal.

Comment

I can easily cut 3/8" and can sever (read SLOWLY cut) 1/2 MS plate with my Hypertherm 380 (a 27 amp machine). A cut in 1/2 " requires full amp and input air settings to cut at any speed.

Cam

Comment

I have the 25 the same as Wolf. Sounds about right to me. With a new set of consumables it does a pretty decent job on 1/2" MS. 1/4" aluminum is a real struggle though. It cuts it OK but is pretty rugged looking. I run mine on 220V BTW. I've used this machine a lot over 5 years and am pretty happy with it.
          Russ
          I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

If you are looking to buy something make sure you check out Hypertherm. They are the leaders in plasma technology and usually will cut you a pretty good deal...my brother-in-law has a 95 amp one that he got a good deal on (though still way out of my price-range :-)) Anyway, if you can afford a bigger one, go with the bigger one...you'll be happier.

Comment

P.S. > 95 will do 3/4 spring steel like its cutting butter...its really pretty awsome!

Comment

Mine is a 55 amp Miller and I think it is rated at 1/2".
                Michael

Comment

torker, do you think the consumables are a bit high?

Comment

wolf...That's one reason I bought this machine. At the time, they had the cheapest consumables of all the other lower priced machines. They outlast consumables on other machines I've used also.
                    I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Working...
                    X