OT: You Think the "Ricer" Cars in YOUR Area Are Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spope14:
    Little more point on the front end of that, and you have a very fast snow plow.</font>
    Ha! Good one - wish I'd said it.

I also wish I had a photo to post of my old boss's Datsun B210. He used to work for a landscaping company. One day, the boys on the hydroseeding truck came home with a partial load and sprayed it all over the guy's car. Left it over the weekend in the company lot. Little bit of drizzle, and poof - a car that looks like a giant Chia-pet. Bloody marvelous.

[This message has been edited by Wirecutter (edited 07-26-2005).]

Comment

I thought ALL the trucks looked like Optimus Prime. Now just WTF is with the air dam/cheese wedge/skateboard ramp thing?

Maybe another beer will help.

Comment

It's all a matter of cultural taste.Ever seen Indian trucks,or the Pillipine "jeepney's"?
        I think the trucks actually are quite nice in a kitsch sort of way.As for the car in the first picture,that's getting a bit over the top.
        But then again,that's what people over 25 said of the slammed and channeled rods in the 50's.
        So what else is new?

------------------
        Hans
        Hans

Comment

BTW.,these cars are most definitely highly modified mechanically.many run nitrous oxide injection systems,and as you can see on some photo's they have an external oil cooler on the front.Make no mistake,these things are quick.
          Although i have to say,on some of them the aerodynamic aids are probably more hindrance than help.

------------------
          Hans
          Hans

Comment

It's all for fun guys. I could be wrong but I don't think japan has demolition derby, monster trucks or tractor pull, they have to come up with other stupid things to do with cars.

Comment

It's just a cultural thing is right, inpsite
              of all the do-dads these cars are basically stock if they are road driven.
              In Japan, all cars are inspected by the government, so no loud exhausts or mods, you also cannot change the engine with re-registering the car, inspections are due every two years so all the junk comes off the car for the inspection.
              The whole thing is crazy, if you import a car into Japan it's $2500.00 for the 5 minute emission test and no garauntees of a pass.
              Another great auto sport here is allowing someone else to hit you and then suing, no ****, some of these people carry neck braces
              in the glove box, stop in the middle of the highway and throw on the flashers, someone hits you it's their fault.
              Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DaveK:
                It's all for fun guys. I could be wrong but I don't think japan has demolition derby, monster trucks or tractor pull, they have to come up with other stupid things to do with cars.</font>
                Yabut they take the little rice burner 4x4's and do things with them the're not supposed to do either

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 07-27-2005).]
                I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Very cool. I love it all. If you cant have fun in yer ride might as well drive a stock pinto.

Seein those trucks got me thirsty for a table stacked with icey San Miguels. JRouche

Comment

Working...
                  X