No announcement yet.

OT...Worlds dumbest dog!!! Sheesh!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My granddad had a Airedale that was a slow learner. Every time he came upon a porky..,,ATTACK!
    Grandpa to druggist, bottle of chorloform, pliers,pull.
    Repeat at next confrontation.

Comment

It would be better if the dog's owner had a little more compassion for the pain his dog was in and took him immediately to the Vet, instead of wasting time taking pictures of him.

Comment

This is why I have a cat.

Jerry

Comment

JF:

DO cats have quills? I know they have dander. They don't do so well with a pittbull encounter. Kinda sound like rags a ripping and it's too late to save it. Butch has not gotten ahold of one.. it was my 3/4 pitt 1/4 english bulldog I had so many years. Once he stretched them out he was done playing with them. It made me mad everytime he'd do it. No changing the nature of a beast.

This goofy dog I got now? I was throwing baby blackbirds (aggravating noisy, unhappy creatures) out of my soffits, I looked out and he was pitching the babies up into the air and catching them. He's a big goofy kid, not a killer.

Our 18 lb cat is living next door till I feel better and can breathe again.

David

Comment

I was out panning for gold on the South Fork of the American River in the Sierra's one year. Had a friend there with a cabin on a claim. His shepherd had a run-in with a porcupine that day and had about 50 or so quills in his face and tounge. Nobody seemed to know what to do and it was a long way to the vet.

This shepherd dog and me were only mildly aquainted. First thing you do is use wire cutters to clip off the ends of the quills. They are hollow with a tiny hole in the tip. The suction holds them in along with the barbs. Clip the ends and it makes them a lot easier to remove with the pliers.

That dog let me take each one out without the slightest complaint. It may have winced a few times but it never made to blame me for it's pain. We rubbed in some vodka and it even stood still for that. Smart dog. I'll bet it never made that mistake again.

Oh yeah, slight side story. While panning in the first few minutes I found an 18 carat gold high school ring in my pan in the freekin middle of nowhere in a stream of black sand.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

That looks nasty for sure.
              I read some more about this. Seems it was the vet who took the pics.
              The dog turned out ok but was lucky that it wasn't blinded.
              Several other stories about porky VS dog confirmed what Evan said. The dogs will just sit there while you pull out the stickers.
              Well...not always. When I was a kid, my Dad had a Bluetick bitch he used for cougar hunting. That wicked dog could kill a porky. She'd ram them with her shoulder and flip them over then whip around and rip their belly open. She used to get her side full of quills and a few around her face but not like this Bull terrier.
              The ol' man used to pull the quills out and she'd snap at him pretty good now and then.
              Darwin Dogs....yes, I had one. Again...an Airdale. Dog was in the back seat of our VW, saw a gopher on the side of the road and bailed through the open window at 50 mph. Nearly broke the wifes neck when she mowed her down to get out the window. Pavement vs dog. What a mess that was. She had a few broken bones and lost a lot of hide but survived.
              Russ
              I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

" No changing the nature of a beast."
                David, yea, there is it starts with cocking a hammer and ends with letting the hammer fall. but the old Cat/Dog arguement has been here before.

Comment

When youre pulling out quills with a pair of pliers and getting fifty nose hairs a quill its a good idea to REALLY HOLD ON TO YOUR DOG cause he will try to bite you and when the hairs and a quill come out you get the happy lick. Signed The Quill remover,

Comment

Io:

I love my dog, love the taste of cat, thou I didn't willing or knowingly eat it. We have a 18lb cat, what is your point?

DIdn't this post start out as a OUCH? Be happy, me and my dog is not threatening anybodys cat. I got a fence up to keep the cats out. Anything inside the fence is fair game, copperhead, convict or?

If you don't like the result of cat vs dog, get a bigger cat.

I suggest spaying and neutering your pet. There are too many strays.

Comment

My 18 pound, thin trim cat, is a metre from the tip of tail to the tip of his nose, stands about a half metre tall. He also is smart enough to stay in his environmentally controled house that he allows us to stay in with him.

Jerry

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
                        First thing you do is use wire cutters to clip off the ends of the quills. They are hollow with a tiny hole in the tip. The suction holds them in along with the barbs. Clip the ends and it makes them a lot easier to remove with the pliers.
                        </font>
                        Evan -
                        Now that you mention it, I think I've heard about this trick. Never having encountered a porcupine (or a dog that tried to eat one), I've never used the knowledge, so I just forgot.
                        -M

Comment

Torker,

"Dog was in the back seat of our VW, saw a gopher on the side of the road and bailed through the open window at 50 mph. Nearly broke the wifes neck when she mowed her down to get out the window."

Did she at least get the groundhog?

-Jacob

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tuckerfan:
                            You really need to put a warning on that. I hurt myself from laughing so hard. Poor puppy!</font>
                            first its a Bull Terrier not a so called pit bull. A pit bull is a American Staffordshire Terrier.
                            Second how could you find humor in a hurt animal no matter his intelligence.

Comment

I think that was

Groundhog 10
                              Dog 0

Paul A.
                              Paul A.
                              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
                              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Some people think Basset Hounds are dumb. I've owned 7 Basset hounds over the last 26 years. We live in Porcupine country. Not one quill, in any of the hounds, ever!
                                THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

Working...
                                X