I finally got got one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I finally got got one

Ever since I read "The Bedside Readers" I have wanted a "Cole Drill". While this is only a copy it satisfies my obsession. Can't wait to try it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...526137504&rd=1
    To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

"I finally got got one" A computer with a stutter stutter?

Nice find!

Oh,BTW,you know they made a gear reduction unit for use with a electric drill.

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 06-30-2005).]
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

George,

let me know how it works. I am realy curious as well

Rob

Comment

I can't vouch for the Little Giant version but the real Cole Drills come in handy. I used mine to drill the 3/4" holes in the frame of my "Kenbota". I couldn't get enough force with my 1/2" power drill and moving a 350lb. frame to the drill press was out of the question.

The Cole drill will punch through 3/8" plate in less than a minute, if you have the arm(s) for it.

Comment

It works great.

http://www.freewebs.com/cochranearea...lorantique.htm

Comment

G. A.

the link didn't work.

Jerry

Comment

Not much smaller than the "converted table top drill press" I cut the post, welded a plate to it.

You clamp the plate to the item *(ibeam?) and drill away.. It works great and not magnetic like I wanted but works..

David

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 07-23-2005).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jfsmith:
                G. A.

the link didn't work.

Jerry
                </font>
                Anyone else have trouble with the link?

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ibewgypsie:
                  Not much smaller than the "converted table top drill press" I cut the post, welded a plate to it.

You clamp the plate to the item *(ibeam?) and drill away.. It works great and not magnetic like I wanted but works..

David

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 07-23-2005).]
                  </font>
                  Good idea David.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by G.A. Ewen:
                    Anyone else have trouble with the link?</font>
                    Worked fine for me

------------------
                    Board Bully

Comment

Link worked for me too.

Comment

Both links worked fine for me also.

Glad you posted that GA. I would have sneered and walked by one at a flea market. Now I'll be heading for the ATM instead!
                        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Links worked fine here also. I had seen the Cole drill article in the MBR and wondered if they really worked. Thanks to G.A. I know they do!

------------------
                          Paul in NE Ohio
                          Paul in NE Ohio

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by G.A. Ewen:
                            Ever since I read "The Bedside Readers" I have wanted a "Cole Drill". While this is only a copy it satisfies my obsession. Can't wait to try it.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...526137504&rd=1
                            [/QU OTE]

email me.

Comment

I'm wondering, how hard it would be to make one. What does it have for bearings? what size is the spindle? What is the thread pitch?

Or are they still available new for a reasonable cost.

Comment

Working...
                              X