Some Observations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Observations

I have some oberservations of this board.

1.Mini Lathes tend to make their owners want to talk about off topic subjects rather than about machining.

2. Having your machine shop in storage 200 miles away, or other circumstances that prevent you from machining has a similiar effect.

3. The big bang occured from some ones cat dying.

1 - And who can blame them?

2 - As long as you have a hammer within reach, your machine shop is never far away. Better, two hammers - a small one for watch repair, and a big one for automotive and computer work.

3 - I had to bury one of the world's genuinely great dogs two weeks ago, but I haven't started flaming anybody about it.

Not yet, anyway.

Comment

Can I presume then that you own a mini-lathe or that your shop is in storage?

dp

Comment

Shop in storage.

Comment

Sorry bout the shop. Hope you can resurrect it soon.

About the hammer for computer work, nothing short of a pile driver will do. Right tool for the job and all that.

Paul A.

Paul A.
          SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
          You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Bill you forgot one rule.
            Some other boards moderator has the most to say here. Why is that?

Comment

Good point IOwolf, this board does not suffer from Goderator disease.

Comment

The observation I will make is that this board and the other one both need an OFF TOPIC section seperate from the GENERAL section. I frequent a board that is set up that way and it WORKS. These boards are degenerating into a FLAME FEST SOAP OPERA. Let's hope they get fixed before it's to late.
                THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

Carl
                  Got a link for that other board????

------------------
                  Paul G.
                  Paul G.

Comment

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/ub...?ubb=forum;f=1

Comment

I second Carl's suggestion. If this is (truly) the HSM Machinist BBS, let's keep it that way.

Let's get back to cutting chips,
                      Todd.

------------------
                      Todd Snouffer
                      Littlelocos Model Engineering
                      Todd Snouffer
                      Littlelocos Model Engineering
                      www.LittleLocos.com

Comment

hi fella's
                        i have just pressed on the link to the other site, and saw a billy boy in there too!, its not me! i only stay on this site, also he asks senceable questions and he can spelll.

bill

Comment

OK, I agree to a point, we need O/T posts to keep from getting too burnt out on chip makeing.
                          I come here to catch up on the news,see what ongoing crisis David has and what is hurting him today ,see if Evan Has found the 10th or 11th planet,or who has the biggest or smallist engine,or what Idiot needs to go the fastest or whatever. It all meshes somehow anyway.

Comment

I thought that the "Third Hand" was our completely on topic machinery and related tech only section...I don't go there much though because I like the mix of on and off topic.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Carl:
                            The observation I will make is that this board and the other one both need an OFF TOPIC section seperate from the GENERAL section. I frequent a board that is set up that way and it WORKS. These boards are degenerating into a FLAME FEST SOAP OPERA. Let's hope they get fixed before it's to late.</font>

Comment

Working...
                            X