Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chief:
    Rebuild your engine,employ an american machinist.</font>

cheif - Whaddaya tryin' to do? Get us On Topic??? Seriously though, well said - thanks.

Comment

I well remember the 70's when detroit started building crap. Everybody started buying toyoto's and honda's and just about shut detroit down. Maybe it will happen again. I was working in a tool and die shop at the time and got laid off because of the economy.
      Michael

Comment

I bought a new Ranger about 19 monthes ago mainly for the deal I got through the employee discount my brother gets, it's still valued at more than I payed for it. Anyway I've always had old cars and I got sick of constantly fixing them. The only car I own that always starts and runs is my 1966 Porsche 911 and the only work it ever needs is brake pads from my agressive driving or sometimes resychronize the carbs. Sure the old girl could use some cosmetic work inside and out but mechanically she's sound as a rock. Not bashing American cars but here in the "rust belt" it's hard to find an old car that isn't either completely rusted out or hasn't been driven into the ground. The only thing that came close was my old '77 F100 which I put a Lincoln 460 into, always ran great but the body fell apart and the frontend got to the point that fixing it would have cost me more in parts than the truck was worth.

------------------
        -Christian D. Sokolowski

Comment

My old 1966 ford mustang with a 200 cuin engine and almost 300,000 miles on it has always gotten about 22 miles per gallon. even tho it is getting a little tired now it still starts fine.
          re
          Herm Williams

Comment

If "American" cars are designed & mostly made in places I wouldn't buy pipe or tools bits from, why bother. No problem if they plan on selling the cars where the parts are made, but they shouldn't be allowed back here. I drive an '85 Jeep CJ with 350,000 miles. It was made in Kenosha Wisconsin, not far from where I was made. I plan on driving it as long as I can buy or make parts for it. Thanks to the characters on this board, I can now weld most things I can come across. I do hope we can put our country back together again. North America once built the best products at a fair price. Lets hope one day soon we will do so again.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by michaeljt:
              Yup, that sucking sound Ross Perot warned us about fifteen years or so ago is getting louder by the year.</font>
              And almost NONE of it is going to NAFTA countries..... at least not anymore.

So much for mr jug-ears.... he wuz wrong on that.

Someday you all will wake up to teh fact that When US quits buying cars, which the big 3 can see coming, they still want to sell them. Hence they want to build them where there are workers, and customers.

If YOU don't buy cars, do you think they will care in a few years? No. Most corporations these days are not even wanting to be seen as being "American" companies.

What does THAT tell you?

Of course, many european companies have been there for many years, even decades.
              CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
              Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
              Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
              I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
              Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
              X