No announcement yet.

OT SHOP HEAT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as I keep the doors and windows closed, I get enough solar gain to heat up my shop in the winter. Sometimes gotta open a window or door to cool off.

------------------
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Hal C. , www.teampyramid.com
    No matter where you go, there you are!

Hal C.

Comment

I just open the doors and let the stinking heat in. Winter down here lasts from Jan. 20 to Feb. 10.

Comment

Ray, you are pretty close. We can get down to 65* in the winter. Where I live it will usually be in the 30's at nite but the days are nice and warm. I use a wood stove in the house at nite but no heat needed during the daytime.
        Michael

Comment

Built a waste oil heater. what a beast. Heated 3000 square feet fir two years. Had stinky oil some black venomous smoke and so on. I now use a plug in 220 volt heater and plug it in when its cold. Toyomatic heaters sound excellant check them out easy install and very efficient and reliable. Hope this helps you out.

Comment

There is the guy who put tubes in his floor and a nissan diesel engine out side the house /shop ran a 3ph generator ,air compressor, and used the engine to heat the floor in the winter. hot water heater, and so on. He was useing the exhaust for even more heat through the water in a st. steel tank.I believe he was off grid though,He was useing red (off road)fuel when it was much cheaper. I wish I could do that from methane from the neibors hog farm.

Comment

Working...
            X