help identifing mystery pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help identifing mystery pieces

A friend cleaned out a cupboard of mostly grinding accesories - the machines were gone before his time. given the knowledge on this board, i was hoping some could help identify a few

The following is a mystery to me. looks like it holds a ruler like shape. any ideas??

this is some sort of angle adjustment, maybe for setting a secondary relief? anyone recognize what machine it comes from?

then there is this very heavy internal grinding attachment. very nicely made but no markings. 2mt spindle. Anyone recognize it or know what machine its from?

thanks all
    in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

The first one looks like an adjustable stop for the crossfead tripswitch on a surface grinder.

Comment

I just read the chapter on Cutter and Tool Grinding in Machine Shop Practice, V2. The second item (third picture) looks exactly like what they describe as a Clearance Setting Fixture. It is used when grinding a milling cutter to crank in a known angular offset on the cutter before grinding the clearance.

I'll buy it if you want to sell.

Paul A.

[This message has been edited by Paul Alciatore (edited 08-05-2005).]
      Paul A.
      SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
      You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

thanks guys.

Paul, sharp eye! you are right. I also have the yoke piece as well, didn't realize they went together (got the centres also come to think if it )

On a proceeding page, I now see the internal ginding attachment as well. bunch 'o Cincinnato stuff, mystery solved
        in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Working...
        X