Atlas Lathe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas Lathe

I've seen Atlas lathes a time or two but don't know much about them.

What sizes are they made in? (or were)

I see an ad in one of those regional classified ad weeklys for an Atlas, 4jaw, quick change, asking $595. Does that sound about right? (no mention made of condition)

I don't really have room for it, but if anyone is near enough to Nth Ala to be interested I can provide the ph#.

(I have no affiliation w/lathe or seller. Don't even know its exact location, other than a nth Ala area code)
    Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

I have a 10 x 36(54" oal) qc, but they made 12" also and a 6"x 18" but it never came with a factory qc.

and the price is a bargain for ebay parts the qc would go for 6 to 700.00

[This message has been edited by IOWOLF (edited 08-11-2005).]

Comment

Atlas made a 6, 9, 10,& 12 in different bed lengths. Most were also sold under the Craftsman name by Sears. (See link) Everything you wanted to know, but didn't know why.

Have fun,
      Ed

http://www.lathes.co.uk/page21.html
      Ed Pacenka

Comment

love mine...its a 12x36 with a QC...

Comment

They are in general a bit limber and flexible as to the bed.......

But very nice work can be done with them.
          CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
          Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
          Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
          I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
          Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

I recently bought one of the 10 inch Atlas lathes that was sold by Sears. I only paid $50 for it with all the gears. I sold it to another machinist that works with me before I even moved it. I also have one of the small Atlas Shapers.
            Living By the Square and On the Level

Comment

Did Sears ever sell a Craftsman 10"?

Seems to me there were Craftsman lathes of 6", 9", and 12" only. Atlas sold a 10" but not Sears.

Comment

Working...
              X