OT: Sickening brass restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Sickening brass restoration

This picture was taken at the House on the Rock in Spring Green, Wisconsin. The museum has one very large room devoted to antique steam apparatus, generators, etc.

I was sickened to see the horrible mutilation done to everything in the room. Apparently to make everything shine they let someone loose with a grinder. The majority of the displays were of brass and copper, all disfigured the same way, ground where-ever the grinder would fit into. I just had to get out of the room. It was OK when I was there eight years previous.
    Super Dave
    RapidtoCNC.com

Looks more like the work of a disgruntled employee then a curator or a conservationist... at least I'd hope that was the case. You should of contacted the director of the museum and asked what was up. Shame either way.
    Wow... where did the time go. I could of swore I was only out there for an hour.

Comment

Boy, that looks like crap!

Comment

Comment

Holy cow , who turned a numbnard loose with a grinder?

I have a pet peeve about grinders , I cant stand the sound, I have run run welders off the job who grind too much.

that is realy sad

Comment

A good welder shouldn't need a grinder.

The tame Wolf!

Comment

Jings that's rough work looks like someone did this deliberately Alistair
              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Wow...that really is rude isn't it?
                I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

OCC was there.

Comment

If any of that piping is in service under any kind of pressure, a serious safety problem could exist.

Jim H.

Comment

That's beyond awful, that's criminal! Whoever did that.... bah! Never mind.

Comment

Geez Louise! I had to look twice - I thought it was a fancy effect of digital picture editing. It would have looked better if the nimrod had used a ballpeen hammer. What could someone have been thinking?
                        Seriously - maybe it's vandalism, as suggested by Tinkerer. I can't believe someone would do that on purpose and think it was an improvement.
                        The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

Looks like the work of a blind,retarded monkey slinging feces,only with more raw, unadulterated galactic level stupidity I hope they are locked up somewhere.Oh please,if there is a God in the universe tell me they got fired.....from a cannon.
                          I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

HOLY CRAP, BATMAN!!!!!
                            i agree with Tinkerer, i would've contacted the curator and asked what the hell happened. that is beyond words!

andy b.
                            The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

Proof that retards can use power tools.
                              Non, je ne regrette rien.

Comment

Working...
                              X