Cold roll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold roll

On cold roll pins what do you do, drill a few thousands under for them.

Thanks
    Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Hexhead,

Are you asking about those spring steel pins like a tube with a slit on one side? Roll Pins or Spring Pins (not to be confused with rolls used to measure things like dovetails). If so, you drill the nominal size for the pin. They will measure oversize out on the bench, but have a lead-in taper on the ends so they can be simply driven into the hole and will compress to the hole size.
    "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Yes I was talking about the pins with the slit down the side,I know this sounds stupid, but if you measure the pin (0n the outside) on the bench and drill a hole from that measurment how will it compress. Seems like you need to measure on the inside?
      Better to be silent and thought a fool, than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.

Comment

Hexhead,
        See the chart below.
        Have fun,
        Ed

[This message has been edited by egpace (edited 08-31-2005).]
        Ed Pacenka

Comment

Thats works for me thanks for the chart!

Comment

Working...
          X