Will this fit in my camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this fit in my camaro?

I never knew GM produced these, I wonder why Tommy Ivo used two buick engines in the 60'S instead one of these.
    http://www.6066gmcguy.org/TwinSix.htm
    Non, je ne regrette rien.

NO, Lol

------------------
    The tame Wolf !

Comment

Tommy Ivo's dad owned a Buick agency.

Two stock bore and stroke Buick Nailheads of the era = 850 cubic inches.

[This message has been edited by C9 (edited 08-31-2005).]
      C9

Comment

At 2400 maximum r.p.m. the occasional front-end loader driving on the road will blow by you in your Camaro

-Adrian

Comment

What a lump of iron...but I gotta hand it to the marketing guys they had back then - to read their writeup on that thing you'd think it was the next space shuttle engine.

Comment

I once took a compressor like the one pictured and made a dandy little Steam Engine out of it.

Comment

Hey 3Phase - you could use that on your Psychobuggy and have the equivalent of an off-road airport tractor.
              The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

You can fit any engine in any car,given determination and no sense of proportion!

------------------
                Hans
                Hans

Comment

So..., wonder whatever happened with it. I never heard of any V-12 truck engine back in the 60's. Did I just miss it?

In fact I don't remember any 6 cyls in a V configuration til the mid or late 60's. I just remember the straight 6's.
                  Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

I like the " low internal friction" how can it be low with 12 of everything whirling round?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by John Stevenson:
                      I like the " low internal friction" how can it be low with 12 of everything whirling round?</font>

The max RPM is 2400 so that's probably part of it, also with 12 power strokes every 4 RPMs the compression ratio can be much lower and all of the generated torque can be divided among 12 vs 6 so the same 6 cyl engine would have to work twice as hard and probably wear out twice as fast.

-Adrian

Comment

Those 702's are good engines. I know of 3 setting on irrigation wells now. They tend to run forever without needing much. Not something I'd put up against a modern engine, but definately good for their day.

Comment

Ivo used four buicks...and four wheel drive.

THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

Now this is a REAL GM V12...

THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Will this fit in my camaro?</font>
                              You can make anything fit anything with the proper tools...

THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

Working...
                              X