Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharing tips.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 01-08-2006).]

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Good tip John,
    And an even Better one is the sticker on the machine!!
    please visit my webpage:
    http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

John - As the picture painted itself down my screen, I spotted the jack screw and thought, "I bet that's not the tip, but what a great idea!" Then the vee blocks appeared, confirming my guess, then the text displaying the full measure of your genius.

My little JET hor/vert bandsaw has its vise disappointingly far from the blade, so I've drilled holes for hold down clamps in the table and made an insert for the slot beneath the blade to provide support under small workpieces.

I like to remove as much metal as possible with the saw before letting my mill/drill chew on a piece.

Thanks for the tips! My vise will soon be drilled and tapped for a jack screw.

------------------

Comment

Great, simple idea. My beater import saw sees an upgrade in the future. Thanks
        dave

Comment

John,I drilled and tapped a hole in the bed of my saw so that I can use my mill table hold-downs to secure odd shaped objects. I also have the screw and knob which is very handy.

Comment

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

John
              Please, keep them coming!!
              all the best
              e
              please visit my webpage:
              http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

Thank---------- you ----------John

Comment

This is my remedy for making angled cuts in the bandsaw without moving the stationary vice jaw and spending a lot of time lining up the cut and then realigning to 90آ؛. It is quick, and is marked for 45آ؛,22آ½آ؛ and 30آ؛ on the radiused locking arm. If you do any odd cuts frequently,just mark it when you get it set. Just set it drop over the stationary jaw, tighten the vice and cut. The pictures are pretty self explanitory.

irnsrgn

[This message has been edited by irnsrgn (edited 05-29-2004).]
                  Necessity is the mother of Invention

Comment

irnsrgn, Very neat saw accessory.
                    To invent, you need a good imagination - and a pile of junk. Thomas A. Edison

Comment

I liked the angle setter,but I also liked the rollers to. I use one roller on a stand. I will check to see if your idea will work on my saw.
                      Charlie
                      Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
                      http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

Excellent! Keep'm coming, need all the hints/tips, I can get.

Comment

Hey guys,

Great ideas! Thanks for sharing them. They are now officially on 'THE LIST OF THINGS TO DO'

Alex
                          Alex

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X