O.,T. The Brits are giving me gas ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O.,T. The Brits are giving me gas ...

Companies from the USA invest their money (ie buy foreign companies, set up companies etc etc) all over the world. This has been going on forever. And so do other companies and governments, worldwide.

An example - we have Chinese investment here in forestry and steel making. A US owner of the railways, etc. Great.

What is you guys problem with this?

It used to be that the US was investing hugely worldwide, I guess they still are.

Why can't companies from other parts of the world do the same in America??

It gets kind of boring hearing these pointless rants...

O.,T. The Brits are giving me gas ...

.. not the way in which Alistair gets it though

It looks like National Grid, a UK company is negotiating to buy Keyspan, who happens to be my natural gas supplier. It is supposed to be part of their biggest US buying spree to date.

Why do we let this sh-t happen. Yesterday it was our ports and today it's my gas

John S. and all of the other good Brits out there ... any comments on NG? Den

Comment

Last week British gas announced a 22% price increase for UK customers because they are having to pipe it in from Russia.

We have started burning the red bills instead...............

John S.

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

We dereulated natural gas a few years back and that was the biggest cluster disaster I've seen. Prices were nice and steady for about 20 years before that.

As much as I hate big government, I'd like to see all essential energy sources tightly regulated and wisely managed ... oops, don't think I can put both of those in the same sentence.

John, perhaps they will look for your assistance when they design the undersea pipeline to bring it from here to you

After Katrina, they were talking about a 70% hike here. That turns my $2800 bill into a freakin' $5k bill for one season.

Good luck to you with your supply !

Comment

Move to the woods and burn wood...I did.
          THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

well the bad news is that national grid already bought out my local electric company

and yes, like carl said, move to the woods and burn it like us other poor folk!

[This message has been edited by operose (edited 02-27-2006).]

Comment

Next step up....

Le't burn Horse and Cow poo. Just like *someone's* cave man ancestors did. Poorest people in the world still do that...

Techno progress, Enron - Exxon style.......

--jerry
              dvideo

Comment

I'm not sure if it went through yet but an American company is buying our Western gas company...Therasan Gas. The whole province of BC is pissed off about it but seems it didn't do any good.
                I burn wood in my shop and am going to change over in the house next.
                I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Well let's look at it this way. Maybe the managers at some of the foreign companies will have the balls to do things right instead of doing things like the managers in the US do like screwing over their customers just to make their annual bonus check bigger and their shareholders more money.

Comment

Don't hold your breath

Phil

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by pgmrdan:
                    Well let's look at it this way. Maybe the managers at some of the foreign companies will have the balls to do things right instead of doing things like the managers in the US do like screwing over their customers just to make their annual bonus check bigger and their shareholders more money.</font>

Comment

before we know it, burning dollar bills will be more cost effective than paying for that fuel junk...

err, wait, are we already at that point?
                      -paul

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phil burman:
                        Don't hold your breath

Phil

</font>
                        I'm not. But at least I can hope.

Comment

Working...
                        X