What are ya up to? Project check.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are ya up to? Project check.

Havent seen one of these posted for a bit. Hoffman and his welder made me think to ask the question.

So, what do you have going on right now? Interesting, mundane or the plans of something big.

Me? I'm starting to work on the transformaton of the old Boss Bridgeport to a pc based drive so that I have cutter comp. and maybe a 4th axis.
    Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

The buggy project, and more recentely, playing that game where you hit the pop-up clowns with a big wooden hammer

-Adrian

Comment

Not a lot of machining but the right season for it ... gonna build an electronic mouse trap that re-triggers, holds multiple mice and is harmless so kids can see the mice and help to "relocate" them. If no kids, relocation might be to the indoor Bermuda triangle on sub zero winter nights

Comment

holy $%#$ many here will be typing all night

highlights....

trial cnc project lite mill - ie for pcbs'including making the electronics (although not the design)
        stuart triple expansion, bottom half is finished
        hit & miss engine, finished the gas tank on the weekend
        accessories for a T&C grinder
        thinking about a clock, then a radial engine, then ...

Comment

Making an octagon poker table featuring mahogany veneer, velvet and some nice fake leather.

In the process of trying to find a house. All the ones we like get sold before we can do anything.

So maybe we will build.

Oh, forgot, making a concave live center and holder for my tailstock. Also making more plastic collets to protect cues in the headstock.

[This message has been edited by cuemaker (edited 10-18-2005).]

Comment

This @&$%#dirty rot$%&#$pos345&#rusted$&*%^#...
            Just about have the new front spring install done

Motor mounts done, just about finished the matching (uses the same poly bushings as the motor mounts) crossmember for the 700R4/208

Done a ton of fabwork and body work
            Russ
            I have tools I don't even know I own...

Comment

Just finished and got running a "Whatzit",
              Philip Duclos design from HSM. Maybe tomorrow I'll take some pictures of it.

Comment

I'm fixin' to mount the FEL on the Kenbota. Still have some hydraulic valve and curl cylinder issues but it's almost ready.

Comment

Well I am pretty much done with the outside, now I just have to furnish this son of b!t$c. I got a feeling it is going to run up my Ikea card to the max.

Comment

Haha...sawing wood Actually I just today bought a Windham 10,000lb forklift,it's greasy,dirty and needs a tranny so,yup I'm even busier

[This message has been edited by wierdscience (edited 10-18-2005).]
                    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

A rather large CD rack/autoloader.

Comment

Just about done with my Kearney Trecker S12-307, ready to make some chips.
                        James Kilroy

Comment

Getting ready to put another rearend into the Stock Car...a straight one with a different ratio for our new track. Gotta get ready for that seventh in a row class championship next year, eh?

Comment

Right now, working on making one of these:

as part of restoring the item that this is part of

That currently looks like

But also has these two lovely parts that may need work.....

Keep eye on ball.
                            Hashim Khan

Comment

I'm working on a catapult designed to fling baseballs into a 10" diameter target placed anywhere between 5 and 30' away from the launcher. Yeah, it's a class project, but it involves a fair amount of machining and some neat linear bearings and stuff, so I figure it counts.

here are screenshots of the solidworks models. I've made the bearing carriers, and have roughed out the plate that the ball sits on. I'll get some real pictures, and maybe a video eventually.

-Justin

Comment

Working...
                              X