Steam Engine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Engine

I have attached a few images of a steam engine which my second year students produced. They actually made 8 of these little beauties - 100% CNC machined.

------------------
    Northern Maine Community College
    HAAS Technical Education Center

[This message has been edited by deanrach (edited 09-04-2005).]

Very small aren't they

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

Must'of used a .001 endmill, as I can't see them either.
      I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Unfortunately I can't attach images - help.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by deanrach:
          Unfortunately I can't attach images - help.</font>
          ........Your photo's have to be hosted somewhere on the web that will allow you to create an address for each one.

In your post you type in [img] and [/img], then you paste the address in between them with no spaces. The servers here do not actually HAVE the photo stored. By putting in the 2 bracketed [img] things it tells the computer to go to that address and get the photo to display in your post.

Hope I didn't make it more confusing as I really like to see the steam engines

Rick

Son of the silver stream ..... Bullet caster.

Comment

It’s real easy, go to photobucket.com, set up a free account, follow your nose to up the images and cut and past the image link into your post here. It will be self apparent as you go through the photobucket screens. Oh yeah, most prefer the pics are no scaled to no more than 600 pixels wide, that keeps from having to horizontal scroll to read every post in the thread

Comment

I have added a few live shots and CAM application as well - enjoy :&gt; )

[This message has been edited by deanrach (edited 09-04-2005).]

Comment

Very nice, the milling center did a good job.

Comment

Nice work
                  Bond

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BillH:
                    Very nice, the milling center did a good job.</font>
                    I agree, programing a part is not as satisfing as makeing each piece your self.
                    Why stop at four, or fourty, and cheapen it some more?
                    Oh and it is a air engine, isnt it?

------------------
                    The tame Wolf !

Comment

Once again the Detail police have had to come in and "Rodney King" the man for being proud that his students had accomplished something to do with machining. Man you are really starting to come across as a small person. Oh and I know you are just stating the truth about the kid's project. Just didn't have to be voiced. Personally I think it is great to get them started into the field. JUST maybe some of them will go on to greater and greater things. Unless this kick in the teeth by those who should know better sends them off to be something less. How about you bump it up a notch and show some pictures of your projects?
                      Jim, By the river enjoying life...

Comment

yeah, jeez, lets encourage some metal working content, didn't your mother ever teach you if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all? They are student projects not entries at a model engineering show.

I'm impressed the kids today know what a steam engine is and a college course in metal working would have to have a cnc emphasis to be relevant today - thanks for sharing what you are doing.

[This message has been edited by Mcgyver (edited 09-05-2005).]

Comment

deanrach,

They did a nice job! I'm impressed.

Thanks for posting.

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 09-05-2005).]

Comment

Maybe I'm a bit thick ........... Did you just take a swing at me? I am a recent subscriber to "The Home Shop Machinist" and am very impressed with the content of the magazine; both written as well as the quality of workmanship and attention to detail on those projects, which have been reviewed. I thought folks may enjoy the work of students who have made a decision to work in the trade. Unfortunately, that was my only motivation.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JIMofalltrades031:
                            Once again the Detail police have had to come in and "Rodney King" the man for being proud that his students had accomplished something to do with machining. Man you are really starting to come across as a small person. Oh and I know you are just stating the truth about the kid's project. Just didn't have to be voiced. Personally I think it is great to get them started into the field. JUST maybe some of them will go on to greater and greater things. Unless this kick in the teeth by those who should know better sends them off to be something less. How about you bump it up a notch and show some pictures of your projects?</font>

[This message has been edited by deanrach (edited 09-05-2005).]

Comment

deanrach,

Don't take it seriously. One or two of them are making subtle digs that no one cares about.

What you quoted is a scolding for them.

They have a reputation here. After a while you'll begin to recognize the rare occassion when they say something useful.

[This message has been edited by pgmrdan (edited 09-05-2005).]

Comment

Working...
                              X