More clutter for the shop!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More clutter for the shop!!!!!!

Finally,after 5 years,I get to see a little progress on my 1/2 scale Peerless UU. Monday,I hauled the wheels,boiler,and differential into work and used their crane to assemble and load onto the trailer.Tommorrow I'll roll her off the trailer and into her nice and cozy new home.Here's some pics......

...the order of bringing about change
    is the four boxes:
    1.soap
    2.ballot
    3.jury
    4.cartridge

nuggin futz! I'd like to make something like that some day... good job

Comment

looking good, at least now if you need to move it ya can roll it Instead of lift drag curse lol
      Glen
      Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
      I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
      All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

BUETIFULL....
        Why is the chimney not at the end of the boiler.
        or is that the condensor
        all the best.mark

[This message has been edited by aboard_epsilon (edited 11-22-2005).]

Comment

Thanks guys!!!
          PT,That's been the plan all along.Picked up the boiler in August and didn't have anything stout enough to move it.Luckily I have a boss(owner of the shop)that's a steam nut too!
          Aboard epislon... That is the steam dome.Smoke stack is still in "production" But it will mount on the front as typical of a locomotive style boiler.
          is the four boxes:
          1.soap
          2.ballot
          3.jury
          4.cartridge

Comment

I like. Have you made a whistle for it yet? That's the best part! Nothing like the sound of a steam whistle. Especially a three chime whistle.
            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Can't agree with you more Evan.Nothing can beat the sound of a 3 chimer,except maybe a 4 chime.Haven't made a whistle yet.I have a Lukenheimer 3 chime that will go on it until I can make a pattern and get the pieces cast.

[This message has been edited by burnlast (edited 11-22-2005).]
              is the four boxes:
              1.soap
              2.ballot
              3.jury
              4.cartridge

Comment

That is the one sound that still sends a chill down my spine when I hear it. When I was a child I lived by the tracks of a short line in central California. They had one of the last commercially operated steam locos in regular daily service in the USA in the 50s. It ran twice a day, once in the morning and back in the afternoon just after I got home from school. I loved the sound of that whistle echoing off the surrounding hillsides, especially on a cool and slightly foggy late fall morning.
                Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Sends a chill up mine just reading about it.I have some tracks that run about 1/4 mile from the house.Sometimes I'll hook up the Lukenheimer to the compresser and we'll "talk" with the passing freight trains as they pass.
                  is the four boxes:
                  1.soap
                  2.ballot
                  3.jury
                  4.cartridge

Comment

Very nice job indeed. What sort of horsepower do you think it will make?
                    How do you think it would go in a tractor pull against say a Fordson or a john Deere say about 40 HP ?
                    Looks like it would have some torque.
                    Well done.
                    bobby.
                    boef

Comment

WOW, that's going to be a beautiful traction engine! How many hundreds of hours invested in something like that? Where does someone get plans for that?

Thank you so much for sharing those great pics. Please keep us updated with lots more pics. When did you start working on that? Any guestimation on when you might get her puffing?

Comment

now THAT is freakin' cool!

andy b.

[This message has been edited by andy_b (edited 11-22-2005).]
                        The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

thats boss....very boss

Comment

Great project!! Hope you keep us up todate with your progress (with lots of photos) tell us, what parts have you made yourself and all about the project! VERY NICE
                            Mel

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.

Comment

That's really outstanding. I'm into large scale trains, but I have to keep supressing this desire for a 1/4 scale Port Huron.

Best regards,
                              Greg b.
                              If you\'re data is anomalous, you\'ve more digging to do.

Comment

Working...
                              X