No announcement yet.

Whoo hoo! It's not bulls*** - removing broken taps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guy's, beware of the "teflon flu", vapourous teflon is not your friend.

The Cookware I use is all coated with Titanium Nitride, and unlike teflon, you can use metal implements in it.

HTRN
    EGO partum , proinde EGO sum

Comment

I dont know about aluminum specifically but if a person with alzhmeiers has the heavy metals removed form their body it will slow the progression

Matt in AK
      Matt in AK

Comment

I've never had any trouble finding alum in the spice section of any supermarket.

Orrin
        So many projects. So little time.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Orrin:
          I've never had any trouble finding alum in the spice section of any supermarket.

Orrin
          </font>
          Is it simply called "alum", or is there some other name for it, like "pickle spice"? Maybe it's a regional thing, but I swear, I ran out of ideas on where to look. It was weird.

[This message has been edited by Wirecutter (edited 11-14-2005).]
          The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:

Make a new one.

Plans:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

</font>
            Wow, thanks Evan. What a helpful site. I wonder if they have a recipie section, too.
            The curse of having precise measuring tools is being able to actually see how imperfect everything is.

Comment

"I dont know about aluminum specifically but if a person with alzhmeiers has the heavy metals removed form their body it will slow the progression"

Aluminum is however a light metal. Light metals tend to be non-toxic and used by the body, examples being sodium, magnesium, potassium, manganese and calcium. Aluminum is an odd one as it has no known function in the body and should not be accumulated.
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Wirecutter,

You're welcome. For your further reading pleasure here is an analytical study of the effectiveness of such head wear.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/rahimi/helmet/

Comment

From the same site:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/usage.html

Evan - Is this you? (Bottom picture)

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
                  "Does that mean that my beanie isn't working? Damn - what am I going to do now? "

Make a new one.

Plans:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

</font>
                  [This message has been edited by chipeater (edited 11-14-2005).]

Comment

Nah, that's my evil twin...

Comment

Back to the original point -- will this work with taps stuck in steel? I assume this works because only the steel is reduced by the alum.

Ed
                      Ed Bryant

Comment

It will probably work faster. Not only will it dissolve the tap it will also dissolve the part making the hole larger

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by rkepler:
                          I don't know where you're getting "informed" but I'd try someone who has a clue.</font>
                          Only after you get a sense of humour mate

Ken

Ken.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by elbryant:
                            Back to the original point -- will this work with taps stuck in steel? I assume this works because only the steel is reduced by the alum.

Ed
                            </font>
                            I wouldn't try it with steel. I don't think it would be "selective" in the way you might want, and it'll just eat at everything.

[This message has been edited by Wirecutter (edited 11-15-2005).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
                              Prostitutes used an alum rag to stay "tight" or at least snug.
                              But this was in days of old.

</font>
                              Interesting info...but wouldn't it make your "pickle" shrink too thus negating any advantage?

THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

If you need to pay for a P.O.A. alittle shrinkage will not stop you getting off Quick.
                                IMHO,not from expierience.

------------------
                                The tame Wolf !

Comment

Working...
                                X