Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started Building my Snowplow Today (Pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started Building my Snowplow Today (Pictures)

I started building my snow plow this morning.

I'm taking a break right now so I put together this little website that shows everything I've done since this morning. Go here and click on the small pictures in sequence and I've written up everything that I've done today:

http://www.bbssystem.com/snowplow/index.html

Here is what it looks like currently:

I still have to drill the aluminum sheet and pop-rivet it to the plow ribs.. I'm going to start doing that after I have dinner.

The plan is to finish building this plow blade today, start working on the A-Frame tonight, finish everything by tomorrow and plow my driveway

-Adrian

is it for an atv? I like the work, and not to pick on it, but it wouldn't last a month on my drive way. Which is why I got a $5000 snowblower. Which, I have plenty of repair work into.

[This message has been edited by Happy (edited 12-10-2005).]

Comment

Yea,not to pick on you,but you must have very little snow there,or a very smooth drive.

------------------
      The tame Wolf !

Comment

Unless you drive your plow like a Kamakazee over a rock field I'll bet your blade will work just fine. I've had a Western and presently have a Meyer's and they're both hard on the front end of the truck due to the extreme weight.

Something tells me you have a blacktop or concrete drive and your rig will work fine. If you were going to plow for a living you might want something more durable.

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 12-10-2005).]
        - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
        Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

My plow is stronger than it needs to be. I'm only going to be plowing my driveway with it which is smooth blacktop.

I'm almost done riviting the aluminum. I've got 4 rivets on each rib so far. I'll TIG the seam later. 8)

-Adrian

Comment

WAIT!! Don't weld it up yet. I think you're supposed to put it on the FRONT of the buggy...
            Techno-Anarchist

Comment

I don't know if it will work good or not, I have never had to plow snow. What I want to know is how you walk around your shop without tripping and breaking your neck, you have stuff everywhere it seems. Anyways looks nice and nobody can say you don't have a lot of energy, I think gatorade should film you for a comercial.

Comment

It was nice to see your frame. I am about to do somthing similar for my tractor but wasn't sure about the frame behind the facing. My idea is much the same with the exception of were you used aluminum, I am going to use 1/4" UHMW (plastic). It is cheaper and lighter with greater strength and wear resistance. Fastening is the tricky part. Instead of welding I will be using "elevator bolts". My cutting edge is salvaged from a grader because I plan on using it for grading the gravel in the drive come summer. Nice work.

Comment

You shur do work fast. You get more done in a morning than I have done all year

Are you gonna attach it right to the fiber glass on the push vehicle

Looks good, JRouche
                  My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Looks like nice work Adrian, pay no attention to the Wolf, he is just being a troll as usual,,,,

------------------
                    Paul in NE Ohio
                    Paul in NE Ohio

Comment

Well, it was a REALLY long day, but I finished the snow plow blade. I did take one power nap It's a lot stronger than I thought it would be which is a really nice surprise. Tomorrow I'll build the A-frame, additional structural support, the long ram attachments and the electric hoist and mount it to my truck. I think all of the hard parts are done.

-Adrian

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mochinist:
                        I don't know if it will work good or not, I have never had to plow snow. What I want to know is how you walk around your shop without tripping and breaking your neck, you have stuff everywhere it seems. Anyways looks nice and nobody can say you don't have a lot of energy, I think gatorade should film you for a comercial.</font>
                        Thats it feed his ego some more.

------------------
                        The tame Wolf !

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PHiers:
                          Looks like nice work Adrian, pay no attention to the Wolf, he is just being a troll as usual,,,,

</font>
                          Don't be a Dick,Paul.we could wait and see if it holds up,but if it breaks we will never know.

------------------
                          The tame Wolf !

Comment

"My plow is stronger than it needs to be. I'm only going to be plowing my driveway with it which is smooth blacktop."

When your neighbors find out about it,You will do those also,Especially when you feel sorry for them shoveling a foot of wet snow.

------------------
                            The tame Wolf !

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
                              Don't be a Dick,Paul.we could wait and see if it holds up,but if it breaks we will never know.</font>
                              If you can be a dick, why can't he?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
                              Thats it feed his ego some more.</font>
                              I gueess I don't mind, unlike you he doesn't intimidate me.

Comment

Working...
                              X