Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Started Building my Snowplow Today (Pictures)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:
    Geez I'm glad I don't have to shovel snow anymore. Just dirt now. </font>

I'm glad I don't have to shovel manure, just a little snow in the winter

Leave a comment:

• CCWKen
    replied
    Geez I'm glad I don't have to shovel snow anymore. Just dirt now.

Leave a comment:

• hitnmiss
    replied
    Man Adrian you have a lot of energy. Nice project.

Wouldn't it be easier to just lay your welding cables out on the driveway and melt off the snow!

Leave a comment:

• thebusdweller
    replied
    Mochinist, Wolf is a legend in his own mind.

Leave a comment:

• PTSideshow
    replied
    Looks good enough for what you are planning. I'm also glad to see your shop looks like mine. Too much stuff and toys in it. I have a 2 story 1500 sq ft And had to put up a storage shed for the over flow lol. Started what is now called the big foot garge craze. shop is bigger than 76% of homes in town.
    Al ways wondered if you could make a snow blade orlight duty dozer blade from a section of Hot water tank.

------------------
    Glen
    Been there, probally broke it doing that

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hoffman:
    I have skid marks in my drawers...

</font>

Your new handle should be I-Zheet M'Drurz

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Our John Deer simply had bent pieces of steel, dog legs if you will for skid pads, worked fine, they never wore out.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pete Burne:
    Adrian:

I have skid pads on my Cub Cadet, that look just like yours, that wore out in only 40 years!!

I hard surfaced them and hope for another 40 years. Zheeess, I be dead by then.

Pete
    </font>
    I bought these brand new for $15.99 each at Northern Tool.COM.

Shoe Assembly for Western Snowplows ($15.99) at Northerntool.com

Features + Specifications

* Sold individually
    * Replaces OEM#: Westernآ® 49067
    * Not an OEM Part
    * Dimensions: 8 1/2in.H x 6in.W
    * Bolt: 7 3/4in.L x 1in.W
    * 2in. washers
    * Steel
    * Shoe washer: 1/8in. thick
    * Shoe spacer: 1 1/2in. long
    * Includes linch pin

-Adrian

Leave a comment:

• hoffman
    replied
    I have skid marks in my drawers...

------------------
    Deep Sea Tool Salvage

Leave a comment:

• Pete Burne
    replied
    Adrian:

I have skid pads on my Cub Cadet, that look just like yours, that wore out in only 40 years!!

I hard surfaced them and hope for another 40 years. Zheeess, I be dead by then.

Pete

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lynnl:
    'scuse my ignorance in this matter, but why are skids used rather than wheels or rollers?
    Would rollers tend to freeze up too much?
    </font>

Wheels would work too I guess but would dig a little bit into my lawn I think when I push snow past the edges of my driveway onto my grass. The feet I'm using are about 6-7" in diameter with a dish shape to the bottom so it helps the plow glide over grass/soft earth easier and helps prevent any digging in/etc. I think the feet I;m using would be equilivant to a 20" wheel

-Adrian

Leave a comment:

• Your Old Dog
    replied
    Lynnl, I don't have wheels on my Meyer but they use a long skid. It constantly gets turned sideways to my gravel drive and digs up the drive. I switched to a set like Adrian has pictured here and no digging in the driveway at all. Otherwise, I'd have all the gravel at the end of my drive in a big pile in the grass !! Adrians pads have worked the best in my experiance.

The state and county plows in the Buffalo area all use steel wheels because it's mostly straightline plowing.

Leave a comment:

• lynnl
    replied
    'scuse my ignorance in this matter, but why are skids used rather than wheels or rollers?
    Would rollers tend to freeze up too much?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JimH:
    Are you going to use skid pads to hols the blade slightly off of the asphalt? Or just replace the scraper every year or so?

I put skid pads on mine that are hardened. Then once or twice a year I run some hard surfacing rod on them. The pads are adjustable up and down by inserting or removing washers as needed.

J
    </font>
    Yup, I have a pair of these that I have not installed yet:

I'm going to install them last after I've got the best plow angle figured out. (weld brackets onto the end ribs for each foot) The plow will ride on two of those feet. The cutting edge will probably sit an 1/2 - 1" or so above the blacktop. The blade will ride on the feet most of the time and scrape when not on level ground. If the scraping causes any problems I'll install a 3rd foot in the middle.

-Adrian

Leave a comment:

• JimH
    replied
    Are you going to use skid pads to hols the blade slightly off of the asphalt? Or just replace the scraper every year or so?

I put skid pads on mine that are hardened. Then once or twice a year I run some hard surfacing rod on them. The pads are adjustable up and down by inserting or removing washers as needed.

J

Leave a comment:

Working...
X