My Work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Work

After hanging out on this board for some time and drooling over the work you other guys do, I've decided to share an example of mine. This pistol is entirely hand fitted and the machine work was limited to fitting the bushing to the barrel and making the initial sight cuts on the slide. This is what I refer to as a "social" gun is is entirely for personal carry. It's reliability is 100% and it will hold a 2" group at 50 yards from a machine (Ransom) rest. I have more hours in the assembly than I can remember, but I've got as good as pistol as the "big" name builders for a whole lot less investment. Not counting time, I've got less than $1100.00 in the whole package.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...p/IM000373.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...p/IM000372.jpg

John B

PS: I reviewed Evan's instructions prior to this post, so I hope I've added the pics correctly.

Second edit, Evan, in his typically gentle manner corrected my lack of expertise with posting pics! Thanks Evan

[This message has been edited by jr45acp

edited 12-12-2005).]

[This message has been edited by jr45acp (edited 12-12-2005).]
    John B

You need to copy and paste the links provided below each picture in your album. The link you put in takes us to your login screen.
    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Very nice pistol, good work. Did you start with an existing weapon or did you buy a frame, slide, etc? I would love to know where you get your parts, or if you make you own. How do you like that flat front trigger?
      James Kilroy

Comment

Holy cow, $1100 to get a "reliable" pistol?

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by jr45acp:
          It's reliability is 100% and it will hold a 2" group at 50 yards from a machine (Ransom) rest.</font>

Very nice work! What's a "machine (Ransom)" rest? I assume that's some sort of firing rig? I get simular numbers with my 9mm and .45: ~50" group at ~2 yards

-Adrian

Comment

Dont have to spend 1100$, I bought my CZ75 used for 275$ and so far has been 100% reliable and hell of a lot more accurate in my hands than my Sig P220 was. Never shot the thing at 50 yards yet, have at 25 yards and got holes touching each other.
            Nice pistol there, I think one day I will get another .45.

Comment

Function over form. And the form works for me too.

Nice job.

------------------
              Gene
              Gene

Comment

Gotta love a 1911 style 45.
                Though I like one the best 45 I have ever shot accurately was the glock 21,Baby food jars at 25 yds all day long....got boreing after the second or third mag.

------------------
                The tame Wolf !

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by IOWOLF:
                  Baby food jars at 25 yds all day long....</font>
                  I had a feeling you were still eating that stuff.

Comment

"Baby food jars at 25 yds all day long...."

I'm betting he switches to light bulbs...

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb:
                      I had a feeling you were still eating that stuff.

</font>
                      Yea and your still on your mammas tit. After hanging on it that long you should take your money and get her a boob job.

------------------
                      The tame Wolf !

Comment

Looks nice. Curious, the trigger looks straight (no curvature) at the front, is it, and does it have serrations. Some "lightening" holes there would look nice.

Did you manufacture the hammer, is it bobbed?

What it the material on the forward portion of the grip?

The grip safety looks "big", can you still reach above it with a thumb while keeping a proper grip? I have short thumbs

Real nice work, I really like the 1911 style handguns. One of mine is a Grizzly .45 Win mag. Talk about problems with small thumbs, the grip is huge

JRouche
                        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Great looking pistol.

Nice skate board tape on the grip. I did that for years on one of my IPSC pistols. It works well. I also put a piece in front of the slide stop to index my thumb on.

Heinie sights and Videki trigger? Nice mag well also. Its been a long time since my pistol shooting days.

James

Comment

For $1100 couldn't you pay them to go away and stop bothering you instead of shooting them ?

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
                              "Baby food jars at 25 yds all day long...."

I'm betting he switches to light bulbs...

</font>
                              I don't think that would be a good idea.. Apparently, IOWOLF is intimidated by anything bright.

Comment

Working...
                              X