import chain hoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• import chain hoist

How are the import chain hoist? When they say 2 or 3 tons is it safe to lift 2 or 3 tons?

I bought a couple of Harbor Freight 1 tonners and a 2 ton acouple of years ago. I tested them agaist a borrowed dyno and can verify that they will indeed work to capacity for a half dozen load raise and lower cycles.

It pays to test hoisting equipment before you put it into service.

Comment

What happens on the 7th cycle?

Comment

I have only a one ton that continues to perform but I have yet taken it to the limit. I would suggest a vigilant inspection of any lifting tool along with a regular maintenance schedule. If you are constantly loading tools to there limit, I suggest you move up to the next size. Although there's a safety factor built in, stresses will eventually weaken the metal.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">When they say 2 or 3 tons is it safe to lift 2 or 3 tons?</font>
        You can lift 2 tons with a 2-ton and 3 tons with a 3-ton but don't lift 3 tons with a 2-ton.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:
          You can lift 2 tons with a 2-ton and 3 tons with a 3-ton but don't lift 3 tons with a 2-ton. </font>
          or at least don't lift anything important.

andy b.
          The danger is not that computers will come to think like men - but that men will come to think like computers. - some guy on another forum not dedicated to machining

Comment

If the thing is made right, the lower hook will open before anything else gives way.

The hook normally won't be really open until 3 or 4 times overload...... so when you see a stretched hook, you know its been there and back....

On import, who knows? The hook might be the strongest part.... or the weakest.....

Keep eye on ball.
            Hashim Khan

Comment

One thing also...never trust a chain hoist to not freewheel under load. Normally a good quality one won`t but a cheap import? I sure never trust mine to always hold. I hook the lightweight hand chain to the load chain with a cheap S hook whenever I want a positive stop.

Comment

Just bought a one ton Chiwan hoist off e-bay for 5$ { shipping 10$}. Haven't tried it yet . Will for sure try it on something that dosen't matter. Chain looks hardly strong enough to hold a dog . Chris

Comment

Chinese 1 ton cheapos work fine, except that the side covers don't want to stay on. Take them off, throw them out, and don't stick your fingers in the ratchet.

Comment

Working...
                  X