McMaster Carr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McMaster Carr

Fricken' rocks. I ordered a four foot ballscrew sunday night and they just dropped it off tues. morning.
    Everything else takes ten days to get here this time of year. I'm still waiting for some electrical stuff I ordered two weeks ago.

Yep, they do rock, always next days shipping for me it seams. Must be a local warehouse to me.

Comment

They have one in northern Ohio. always the next day or two depending on what time you order it.
      Another great one for servive and shipping is US Plastic everything in the plastic line. From medical, lab ware, bottles structural fiberglass shapes to all types of fittings and tubing. They are also in Northern Ohio. just got the email that my order yesterday late is shipped and compelete.
      http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.asp

------------------
      Glen
      Been there, probally broke it doing that
      Glen
      Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
      I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
      All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

As long as you don't need a catalog... (or beleive their customer service rep when they tell you, repeatedly, that they're going to "get one right out to you").

Paul F.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Paul F:
          [B]As long as you don't need a catalog... </font>
          I have no problem getting them. I get at least two every year. Nice to have, though I rarely open them.

Their web site is easier than rifling through the catalog.

FWIW, Warehouses in New Jersey, Ohio, Georgia, Illinois, and California.

Very rarely do I not get next day delivery.
          Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

Comment

Yup, I've ordered lots of little things from McMaster and they all shipped out in a timely manner.

Comment

if you buy enough from them you will get a catalog. other then that you can not even buy one from them.

Comment

I like MSC. It's next day from Atlanta to LaGrange.

Plus, the MSC in ATL stocks all the machines. A friend and I picked up his Bridgeport there. Now if I could pick one up for myself...

James

Comment

Was it Hoffman that ordered a Plasma cutter? Was it from them? Has it come yet? Will it come before years end? Is he okay with the wait? Will he still want it when it does eventually come?

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 12-14-2005).]
                  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                  Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Hi All,

I do a lot of business with McMaster-Carr, and I'm quite pleased. They have the best e-commerce website I've ever encountered at http://www.mcmaster.com .

------------------
                    Leigh W3NLB
                    Leigh
                    The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
                    of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Your Old Dog:
                      Was it Hoffman that ordered a Plasma cutter? Was it from them? Has it come yet? Will it come before years end? Is he okay with the wait? Will he still want it when it does eventually come?
                      </font>
                      No, his was an ebay seller I think. I think he is way past both the 30 and 50 day FTC limits http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/.../mailorder.htm
                      John

Comment

love McMaster-Carr. They can get stuff to me in Canada quicker than many Canadian Companys. Love the website. We have their Cat in the office but no one uses it anymore. Their website is the best. Every company should check them out before they create their own website.
                        Doug Arthurs
                        Kent bridge, Ontario
                        www.irontoart.com

Comment

Does McMaster-Carr also send out monthly sale catalogs like MSC, Enco, J&L, etc.?

Anyone know what their (M-C) minimum order is?
                          Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lynnl:

eAnyone know what their (M-C) minimum ordr is?
                            </font>
                            Does McMaster-Carr also send out monthly sale catalogs like MSC, Enco, J&L, etc.?

No. It takes a lot of money and an act of god to get one of their physical catalogs.Just go to their website. It's much easier to use anyway.

eAnyone know what their (M-C) minimum ordr

None, zip, zero, nada. Order over the internet with your credit card. Or establish an account and order.

They are very user friendly.

Comment

Ordered a couple of taps from Mcmaster Carr yesterday and got them this morning, less than 20 hours between ordering and receiving. Joe.

Comment

Working...
                              X