Atlas Horizontal Mill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Atlas Horizontal Mill

Hi, new guy here, I recently purchased some tools at an estate sale. To get the Monarch Lathe I wanted, I had to also buy an Atlas MF horizontal mill. Can anyone tell me what it's worth. It appears to be in excellent shape. Heavy mother though!

I also have a Jet 9x20 lathe and an Enco Mill/Drill to go with this older Monarch engine lathe. I primarily make tooling for metalshaping tools such as English Wheels and planishing hammer anvils.

Kerry
    Kerryp
    Patch Panel Fabrication
    Metalshaping
    Bunch of Imperials 50 thru 73

Kerry
    Just quit whining about the great deal and polish that baby up so you can use it. Damn handy for many jobs.

Comment

Kerry,

Do you make the part for yourself or for sale? I am in the process of building an english wheel and considering a power hammer.

Did you happen to work for Reynolds?

Joe

Comment

No, I built my Ewheel out of an old cast iron jig saw frame. Used an 8" caster wheel for the upper wheel and turned 6 anvils on an Atlas 618. I've got about 300 bucks in the wheel and it works very well.

Are you a member of Metalshapers? It's a Yahoo Egroup.

------------------
        Kerryp
        Patch Panel Fabrication
        Metalshaping
        Kerryp
        Patch Panel Fabrication
        Metalshaping

Comment

Kerry,

I e-mailed you off thread.

Joe

Comment

The small Atlas Horizontal mills seem to go for about $600 to $1000 on E-Bay depending on condition and completeness. They appear to be dandy little machines and sought after. You might consider keeping it.

Comment

Working...
            X