Another Plasma Cutter ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Plasma Cutter ?

I need (OK want) a new plasma cutter. I'm a True Blue (Miller) man when it comes to welders and am leaning toward the Miller Spectrum 375 because (1) great local support (2) within my price range (3) within my specs. Now for the questions: Do any of you have experience with the 375? is there a better machine for the $ such as the Thermal Dynamics 38 or the Esab 550? And for those with inquiring minds I will not consider a chinese import. I guess what i'm looking for is validation to go ahead and get the Miller 375.

Adrian just got a nice one. TD 60A I think...

Don't think he's fired it up yet.
    Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Sure, go ahead,buy one its your money.
      Sounds like you want support in spending it.

Let US know how it works.Thanx in advance.

------------------
      The tame Wolf !

Comment

Yer right IOWOLF, i am going to get one. Just looking for some pros and cons of the 375 or if one of the others i mentioned had any superior genetics.

Comment

Mine is a Lincoln P/C 25, But I have 2 True Blue welders.

------------------
          The tame Wolf !

Comment

My Miller plasma cutter is over ten years old.

It has true blue on it, not sure of the model number. When I got it back, the guy who had it said it would not work.. He had/has rust and moisture in his vertical compressor/lines.

I cleaned out the regulator and it has not missed a lick.

I originally in 99 gave $800 for it on ebay. I sweated bullets till it arrived and worked allright. I will not pay that much for something online without picking it up in person.

The first ones, Hobart, Miller and Lincoln were identical.. Same consumables, etc.. same case. now they are different. I got the one made in about.. 95.. or so.. Sounds like the same one above..

I had traded it to Mike for a antique car, then recently (two years ago) traded a totalled lincoln Conti I tattooed for.. for it back..

You don't have a antique car do you? Ha ha..

[This message has been edited by David E Cofer (edited 12-20-2005).]
            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

As a mater of fact How about a '51 pontiac 4 door,straight 8,redone interior, a friend has, and wants a plasma cutter.Other than the brakes needing bled I wouldnt be afraid to drive it to Ga.

------------------
              The tame Wolf !

Comment

Too bad. If it was the 2-door Catalina, I'd go out and buy ya a Miller for that car.

Comment

Is that a guitar wah pedal? I was looking for something like that when I was rigging up my tig pedal.

Needed ya then bro but you were on hiatus...
                  Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Working...
                  X