OT: photo-bucket, craigslist, freecycle, & ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: photo-bucket, craigslist, freecycle, & ebay

1. Will photobucket work for posting photos on ebay, craigslist etc?

2. Anybody use craigslist free section or freecycle to get rid of miscellaneous free stuff? How did it work for you?

3. How about using craigslist to sell unneeded items vs. using the local little nickel type classifieds paper?

Thanks
    Wayne

I've used the local classifieds, but since they have a web presence now, cant really say your worse off. Great for stuff that you want a local buyer to pickup.
    But again on ebay with a local pickup only, my micromark 7x14 generated more watchers, more emails, more questions than anything else I ever sold in such a short matter of time.
    I would have to say thats the good thing about the micromark 7x14, if you want a mini lathe, has a high resale value for all those useless addons it has.
    I never tried Craigslist.

Comment

I've used craiglist, it works but I have noticed that a little to frequently people will call, then say they want the item, then say they are on the way over and then never show up.

Samuel

Comment

Freecycle will probably get rid of ANYthing.
        You post it and somebody will want it, short of garbage. OTOH in my area I think 95% of the stuff is oriented toward females.
        Steve
        Steve

Comment

Can photobucket be used to host pictures for ebay?

Comment

Yes, Photobucket works with ebay. I use it because some parts of ebay listing software gets "filtered out" and ebay photos is the part that doesn't work for me. I don't do enough to use Turbo Lister so I haven't tried that.

I have to laugh when I get told to "remove your anti virus software and it will work". .....LMAO.

[This message has been edited by CCWKen (edited 12-20-2005).]

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sch:
              Freecycle will probably get rid of ANYthing.
              You post it and somebody will want it, short of garbage. OTOH in my area I think 95% of the stuff is oriented toward females.
              Steve
              </font>
              I got banned from my local freecycle group, I got an email one day from the moderator, telling me that my email settings were not right and that I needed to fix them immediately. I emailed her back and stated that I thought she was taking this moderator thing alittle to serious for a yahoo group and that I would fix it when I got a chance. I got a really mean email back from her stating that if I didn't change it I would be banned in 24 hours and that I should not respond to her email. I sent her back an email with one four letter word that starts with a C and also went and signed up her email for every spam list I could find. Needless to say I was banned and she told me that she was going to report me to the FBI lol they still haven't beat down my door. I feel sorry for that chicks husband, you know she is a real pain.

Oh yeah freecycle was mostly a bunch of jusy and chick ****.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">...that my email settings were not right and that I needed to fix them immediately.</font>
                What settings would that be?

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:
                  What settings would that be?</font>
                  Apparently I had it set to receive no emails, and that was against forum rules. lol

Comment

That must be new. I haven't been to the Yahoo forums for quite some time but I had that option turned off. It kept me from getting an email everytime someone posted.

Geez, that would be a wank. I never liked the format anyway.

Comment

Working...
                    X