Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Hunting Bambi With A Civil War Era Cannon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Hunting Bambi With A Civil War Era Cannon!

No foolin'! http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">When an unsuspecting deer happens to wander in front of your Mountain Howitzer Cannon, PULL THE CORD! Make sure that the deer is within 250 yards range and directly in-line with the howitzer's bore. Also be sure the deer is no closer than 100 yards. A minimum distance of 100 yards is a "must" for reasonable meat recovery. ( less damage ) You don't want to hit the deer with all 148 musket balls. ( your goal is to shoot the deer with your mountain howitzer, not "pulverize" him ) Also, at extended distances, it will be less likely that you will shoot off the horns if the deer is a really nice Buck.</font>

More fun than my .50 cal black powder. LOL

Comment

I don't need no steenking caannon. I found running deer into exhaustion to be stimulating exercise besides it improves the flavor of the meat. I try to run them towards the meat packers so I can dispatch the deer on their doorstep but that doesn't always work. Elk are even more fun but you gotta be in pretty good shape for all that uphill mountain running.

Comment

I've always found that being in a car traveling around 70 MPH is an effective way of bagging a deer. (And you don't have to worry about getting winded.)

Comment

I've started putting headlights on all of my bullets. Now the deer jump out in front of them.

Comment

I still prefer the bazooka method. Less work dragging the corpse out of the woods. Just fish a little stew meat out of the trees..

Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

I prefer a Galil with dual 50 round steel mags duct taped together. In 7.62 caliber with the army surplus russian night vision scope its a surefire game getter. With the modified selecto matic switch and in three shot burst mode its great on small herds of deer that are foolish enough to bed down at night. Usually a bottle of whiskeys required to get that eye in tune aiming fluid we call it. If the herd happens to spook from any sudden noise (like if i drop the empty whiskey bottle) a quick thumb flick into full auto ensures a bit of meat for the family to eat. Contrary to popular belief the drunker i get the better i seem to shoot. Just a bastard loading up 7 to 12 50 round mags for an evening of sportsmanlike huntin activities. I wish we had wild boar runnin around here cause i grew up with pig roast field partys. Take care merry xmas everyone.

Comment

I suppose that this is the American way of making Bambi Burgers. Just a thought- Just a thought!

Norm

Comment

I was going to print out the cannon dimensions.

It had a link to materiels list too..

ANybody save it?
                  Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

WTF, over!

Comment

Slightly off topic, I have a friend who is an ex navy seal. He wears a tee shirt that says "SNIPER
                      Don't bother running, you'll only die tired."
                      Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Looks like the page is suddenly gone. I went back to save it off and nothing.

But... Google kept the text. Might look around there and see if there is someting that you can use.

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...ppens%22&hl=en

Another link to a different text location.

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...1_-165233.html
                        Civil engineers build targets, Mechanical engineers build weapons.

Comment

Gone indeed. Looks like it's not politically correct or legal to publish plans on how to build your own cannon, but you can buy a cannon, Parrot rifle or Coehorn mortar from several sites....
                          Go figure.

Comment

Not just the page is gone but the entire site is too from that hoster. I suspect it generated too much traffic and the price for hosting went up.

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 12-17-2005).]
                            Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Yep, gone gone..

I have followed links all over the place. I found information but this gentlemans site is indeed gone.

I think I want to build a breech loading 4.5 inch bore canon anyways.. right after I take a shower. (yeah right..)
                              Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Working...
                              X