No announcement yet.

Can you identify this nut?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can you identify this nut?

    I'm looking to identify (i.e. name) and source an unusual lock nut (see picture). This one is a 6-32. Any help at all would be appreciated.


  • #2
    Looks like a specialty item to me..You would probably only be able to source it from genuine parts(if possible)

    What is it off?????
    Precision takes time.


    • #3
      Try this site, listed as a torque / self locking lock nut (and probably a number of other names depending on where ones from). Used in at least the aviation industry where nylocks not suitable, typically hot areas. Sorry for the long address. azel.cgi/hzpi/u/HzSt02061Hf01ErE3V/hazel.cgi?action=serve&item=/Aircraft/Hardware/Nut.html

      [This message has been edited by Alan in Oz (edited 12-26-2005).]


      • #4
        It is a Flexloc locknut. Looks like a thin, jam nut. McMaster Carr No. 94830A485.

        Available in packages of 50.

        Probably also available in the hardware section of most of the larger DIY stores.
        Jim H.


        • #5
          As JCHannum said, this is a FlexLoc nut. It's one style of anti-vibration nut. You'll also find them with inserts of fibre, nylon, or similar material.

          You can use an ordinary machine nut if the application does not involve vibration or other conditions which might cause the fastener to loosen.

          Leigh W3NLB
          The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
          of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.