Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What time is it?

Of course, it's Christmas time. But something odd-

I was gone for the day and a half, and as a precaution I turned off the power switch on the computer. Came back, powered up, and found my computer clock had frozen at basically the same time that I shut the power switch off. It's running again, but it apparently stopped running while the power was off. Strange or not? On-board lithium battery gone bad? Imminent cmos damage?
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

I would hazard a guess that your cmos battery is dead. Time for a replacement
    Warren

Comment

Yeah, and don't forget to set your clock ahead on December 31, at midnight. We get one leap-second this year.

Comment

Hmm. One second can be a relatively long period of time- I'll have to synchronize my computer if I ever machine anything for a nuclear reactor
        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CCWKen:
          We get one leap-second this year.</font>
          This is true.

And the huddled unwashed masses, unaware of this minor adjustment, will all celebrate the New Year one second early. Won't they feel stupid

------------------
          Leigh W3NLB

[This message has been edited by Leigh (edited 12-26-2005).]
          Leigh
          The entire content of this post is copyright by, and is the sole property of, the author. No assignment
          of title nor right of publication shall ensue from presentation of this material on any computer site.

Comment

most of them will be so loaded they will not know till the morning any way.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bob308:
                    most of them will be so loaded they will not know till the morning any way.</font>
                    Some of them are loaded now it seems

I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

no not loaded i dont know what happened on that one. i thought i lost it al together.

Comment

Working...
                      X