Hi All....

http://www.ratzapper.com

I have one and it works pissa!

http://www.neufellmachining.com

[This message has been edited by dneufell (edited 12-25-2005).]

Leave a comment:

• nivaglo
    replied
    malbenbut, The most effective method of catching mice alive in your neck of the woods, is to place a shallow dish in the cupboard and fill it with 2 inches of Newcastle Brown Ale, leave it overnight and the next morning just brush the helpless creatures up in a dust pan and take them down the garden. I have had great success with this method. The only down side is that the ale tends to loosen their bowels so have a cloth handy.
    This method will keep both your wife happy and the mice.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Back when I was YOUNG, used an air rifle, a long needle, some electrical tape around the needle to just slide through the barrel I. D., few pumps and they scream as they are pinned to the wall!

Leave a comment:

• rockrat
    replied
    sauer38h has a nice idea. I might have given that a try before the cats came into our family.

So how far out do you need to take them?

Leave a comment:

• Rustystud
    replied
    I hate the little furry buggers. They take the uneaten dogfood from the dogs bowl and deposit them in the internal works of my lathe, drill press, tool boxes. You can "Decon them" and they will go and find a place to die and stink up your whole shop. Last year I put out 6 tubs of mouse poison before it slowly quit disapearing. A 6 foot black snake in the shop is much more interesting. If your shop is heated and has any mice they want leave. It is a little spooky to hear things move in your shop and not be able to see it. I am just waiting to find a black snake wound up in the motor of my late or mill. I have had them in a hay rake and that was no fun.
    Rustystud

Leave a comment:

• thenorwegianengineer
    replied
    My first post in this forum, but ive been hanging around for some time:-)

My best tip for catching mice in your trapline:
    place your traps close to the walls and use chocolate as bait, works very well!

And knowing the reproduction rate of mice, its foolish to uncook your traps, you want to kill as many as you can of thoose little bas****ds!

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    My wife emptied her mouse trap line twice today...

Leave a comment:

• sauer38h
    replied
    I have a trap which will catch and hold a dozen mice or so without killing any of them. Thing's a marvel, and not very complicated either. I got it from Gander Mountain back when it was a world power.

I paint colored bands on the little buggers' tails so I can identify them, let them go at various distances outside, and see how long it takes them to find their way back into the trap.

Hey, beats watching TV.

Leave a comment:

• bob308
    replied
    here is a thought the early bird gets the worm. but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Leave a comment:

• lynnl
    replied
    Well frankly I think our lives are enriched tremendously, in many different ways, by feeling compassion for all living things.

I'm no greenpiece'er or anti-hunting fanatic. I've done my share of hunting and fishing, and enjoy it. But I feel a twinge of pain every time I see a dead animal on the road, realizing he was just going about his life, when he was struck down by one of modern man's contrivances.

...nevertheless, this thread reminds me that I need to set my mousetraps in the garage, since the weather's gotten colder here lately.

Leave a comment:

• nheng
    replied
    Anyone who bakes mince pies and cries at the Christmas carols should have her mice protected during this holy season.

I have two traps with the fake yellow plastic cheese locked and loaded in the shop. It only works on mice with IQs below 30 so peanut butter had been added to them.

Leave a comment:

• Dawai
    replied
    By the way, what a beautiful kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• Dawai
    replied
    Better yet, get sticky mouse pads. The mouse will be stuck and you can place him under the christmas tree to enjoy christmas with you. After the holidays roll him up like a burrito and dispose of him properly.

Your Wife needs a "live Turkey" to prepare for Christmas dinner. That will calm her down worrying about mice.

Everything has a place in gods world. Mice are to spread disease and fleas equally among gods creatures.

Ever wonder about the mouse-feces contents of "normal" foods you eat per day?

Leave a comment:

• bob308
    replied
    rockrat has the idea. get your wife one or two cats for a present. then you can through out the traps.

Leave a comment:

• rockrat
    replied
    Its easy for me to say this because I dont think that my wife would complain about the same subject.

But... How long did you say you wanted to stay together with her? Sometimes it is better to give on the small stuff and gain on other issues.

Honestly, we have cats and the mice know better than to venture in. I think that they all sit outside the sliding glass door and shiver.

A nice little joke for you. We have a waterbed and naturally it is heated. My wife always complians about gtting up in the middle of the night only to find that it is much colder out of the sack than in. I told her about my method of deciding how bad I need to get out from under the covers.

If you are the only one in bed, most likely you can get to the can and back without freezing anything vital off.

If there is one cat curled up on the bed with you, you might want slippers to move about.

If two cats are on the covers, a robe is in order.

If both cats and the mice are on the bed, it aint worth getting up for nuttin'. Not even to shooo of the mice. Roll over, try to go back to sleep and wait till morning.

rock-

Leave a comment:

Working...
X