Powdercoat home built oven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powdercoat home built oven

I was on the metal meet forum when I came across a thread on building an oven. this link was a complete site on building one. http://www.powdercoatoven.4t.com/

This is the link to the metal meet site.
    http://www.metalmeet.com/forum/register.php?
    This is what another poster said about his home buiilt oven its a great idea.
    Here's what I did to build a powdercoating oven because a stove is just to small and it works perfect. I went behind an appliance store where they have there appliances they are throwing away and I got the biggest stand up freezer I could find and I got the cleanest stove I could find. The freezer only had plastic on the door so I removed that and tacked a piece of sheet metal on there,I took off the rubber gasket on the door and replaced it with the rope gasket they use on wood stoves and glued it in place with high silicone caulking,I took the stove controls out of the stove and mounted them to the top of the freezer and I put both elements on the bottom of the freezer on the inside only to find out I only needed one element and the whole thing works perfect. I had a whole exhaust system and mufflers in it and a set of 4 wheels at one time. the nice thing is the freezer was already insulted so i didn't have to do anything there, i suppose if you needed bigger you could get a double door refrigerator or weld two freezers together only took a couple of hours to put together and been working perfectly for 2 years.

------------------
    Glen
    Been there, probally broke it doing that

[This message has been edited by PTSideshow (edited 01-02-2006).]
    Glen
    Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
    I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
    All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Looks like the last one I built.. metal drywall studs, hard board fiberglass..

That insulation runs the price up beyond most hsm/ers. house insulation without paper.. is adequate.. and you can use more of it. it will smoke the first few times you heat it thou.

I highly suggest a circulation fan and digital control. Use the money you saved on the insulation to buy them. I used aluminum too.. my hard board/metal stud aluminum skinned oven cost $600..

If you buy a temp controller like mine you can move it to your aluminum smelter.
    Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

by the way, I have one drawed up using silicone cloth, sewed with fiberglass thread, it folds up.

that probably sounds stupid, till you think that you can drape it over a streetrod or truck frame...

it has a duct heater and small fan.. a rigid roof to support it.
      Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

sounds great for the storage angle and if you only use it occasionally. it would beat figuring out a place to put some other one.

------------------
        Glen
        Been there, probally broke it doing that
        Glen
        Been there, probably broke it, doing that!
        I am not a lawyer, and never played one on TV!
        All the usual and standard disclaimers apply. Do not try this at home, use only as directed, No warranties express or implied, for the intended use or the suggested uses, Wear safety glasses, closed course, professionals only

Comment

Working...
        X