Tig cooler revision...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tig cooler revision...

It's almost finished. I just need to wire it up and do some plumbing plus some detail work. The little plasma cutter came in handy cutting the sheet for the tank. I probably need to put a breaker on it. Does anyone know if they sell those little push button overload deals at Radio Shack?
    Techno-Anarchist

Hoff I think that RS does sell the push button breakers.
    I don't usuall shop at RS as they don't have the stuff in the stores that they use to have.
    Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
    http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

Found one:
      http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-3-Push-Bu...QQcmdZViewItem

Should make all you safety guys happy
      Techno-Anarchist

Comment

ground fault... please...
        Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

Hoff. You can get one from your homestore. It looks like a short extention cord with a ground fault recepticle in it.

Comment

Is that the the thing you once had squirtin' all over your driveway?

What are you using for cooling? Fan? More details, I forgot.

Comment

This was the "proof of concept" model. I need to coat the inside of the tank to keep it from rusting.

I still have some red paint...for the outside...
              Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Yea well it looks very nice and all but as soon as you start plowing snow with it it's gonna fold up on ya. Should have made the radiator mount beefier

Neat project!
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

It's made of reinforced double welded 16 gauge steel. I recessed the radiator and beefed up the area around it with 1/4 angle steel.

Even if it slammed into a stump or other obstacle at speed the radiator should survive and torch cooling wouldn't be compromised.

Oh yea Ray, I've probably plowed more snow with a tig cooler than you'll ever see in your life.

[This message has been edited by hoffman (edited 01-02-2006).]
                  Techno-Anarchist

Comment

You should have made it out of 1/2" plate because as soon as you over heat the water, you're going to need something strong to contain the explosion. 1/2" plate with 3" diam bolts should do it...

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hoffman:

Oh yea Ray, I've probably plowed more snow with a tig cooler than you'll ever see in your life.
                      </font>
                      Hoffman, I live in Buffalo, New York ! It does snow up here occasionally! (I had hoped my snowplowing comment would be an obvious take-off on Adrian's plow posting and all us Sidewalk Superintendants overseeing the job!)

And 3Phase, get some sleep tonight. I understand there's a Nor'Easter blowing in tonight up your way! Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 01-02-2006).]
                      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                      Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Nice lookin cooler. Gonna look REAL nice in a new coat of red.

Speaking about lookin real nice, are you gonna wear those capris pants while weldin If you wear boots they should cover where the pants dont....Lets-see!! JRouche

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6812208201
                        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Nor'Easter.... ROFLMAO... I remember those days along the North Coast. Not quite as bad as Buffalo but we still averaged 180" a year. Don't miss it now... LOL

We broke another record high today. 85 and I just came in from working the North 40. Gettin' ready for planting.

Comment

Actually Ray the biggest snow I've ever seen was the "big one" in '73. I think it was about 6 inches No kidding, I was about 6 at the time. It's 70 degrees out tonight

I'm waiting for IOWOLF to weigh in on the subtleties of snow plowing with a TIG cooler...

So exactly how much snow have you plowed with a TIG cooler

[This message has been edited by hoffman (edited 01-02-2006).]
                            Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Hoffman, I am puzzled by the black cable emerging from the wall just below the box. This looks suspicious to me, surely this must be a temporary arrangement. How about at least a strain relief for the temps? LOD

Comment

Working...
                              X