Tig cooler revision...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I hate recessed panels.. My main 200A house panel is recessed into the dry wall. I added a non-recessed 100A panel so I could easily wire up my tools and equipment with stress releved shielded cable. In my shop panel I've got the TIG wired to a 100A breaker (using 2-2-2), the MIG/Plasma to a 50A breaker (Receptical) #6, the Air Compressor to a 50A breaker #6, the 3-Phase Rotery Generator to a 30A breaker #8, etc. If the pannel was recessed I would have made a mess for sure.

-Adrian

Leave a comment:

• hoffman
    replied
    That's some #6 wire I had around. I really need to rig up a proper cord.

Leave a comment:

• LastOldDog
    replied
    Hoffman, I am puzzled by the black cable emerging from the wall just below the box. This looks suspicious to me, surely this must be a temporary arrangement. How about at least a strain relief for the temps? LOD

Leave a comment:

• hoffman
    replied
    Actually Ray the biggest snow I've ever seen was the "big one" in '73. I think it was about 6 inches No kidding, I was about 6 at the time. It's 70 degrees out tonight

I'm waiting for IOWOLF to weigh in on the subtleties of snow plowing with a TIG cooler...

So exactly how much snow have you plowed with a TIG cooler

[This message has been edited by hoffman (edited 01-02-2006).]

Leave a comment:

• CCWKen
    replied
    Nor'Easter.... ROFLMAO... I remember those days along the North Coast. Not quite as bad as Buffalo but we still averaged 180" a year. Don't miss it now... LOL

We broke another record high today. 85 and I just came in from working the North 40. Gettin' ready for planting.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Nice lookin cooler. Gonna look REAL nice in a new coat of red.

Speaking about lookin real nice, are you gonna wear those capris pants while weldin If you wear boots they should cover where the pants dont....Lets-see!! JRouche

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6812208201

Leave a comment:

• Your Old Dog
    replied
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hoffman:

Oh yea Ray, I've probably plowed more snow with a tig cooler than you'll ever see in your life.
    </font>
    Hoffman, I live in Buffalo, New York ! It does snow up here occasionally! (I had hoped my snowplowing comment would be an obvious take-off on Adrian's plow posting and all us Sidewalk Superintendants overseeing the job!)

And 3Phase, get some sleep tonight. I understand there's a Nor'Easter blowing in tonight up your way! Good Luck!

[This message has been edited by Your Old Dog (edited 01-02-2006).]

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You should have made it out of 1/2" plate because as soon as you over heat the water, you're going to need something strong to contain the explosion. 1/2" plate with 3" diam bolts should do it...

Leave a comment:

• hoffman
    replied
    It's made of reinforced double welded 16 gauge steel. I recessed the radiator and beefed up the area around it with 1/4 angle steel.

Even if it slammed into a stump or other obstacle at speed the radiator should survive and torch cooling wouldn't be compromised.

Oh yea Ray, I've probably plowed more snow with a tig cooler than you'll ever see in your life.

[This message has been edited by hoffman (edited 01-02-2006).]

Leave a comment:

• Your Old Dog
    replied
    Yea well it looks very nice and all but as soon as you start plowing snow with it it's gonna fold up on ya. Should have made the radiator mount beefier

Neat project!

Leave a comment:

• hoffman
    replied

This was the "proof of concept" model. I need to coat the inside of the tank to keep it from rusting.

I still have some red paint...for the outside...

Leave a comment:

• CCWKen
    replied
    Is that the the thing you once had squirtin' all over your driveway?

What are you using for cooling? Fan? More details, I forgot.

Leave a comment:

• Rustybolt
    replied
    Hoff. You can get one from your homestore. It looks like a short extention cord with a ground fault recepticle in it.

Leave a comment:

• Dawai
    replied
    ground fault... please...

Leave a comment:

• hoffman
    replied
    Found one:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Lot-of-3-Push-Bu...QQcmdZViewItem

Should make all you safety guys happy

Leave a comment:

Working...