running cooler off welder...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• running cooler off welder...

I just got a pump that's 220v/2.8 amps that I'm going to use for a torch cooler. I had my old cooler plugged into the 110v outlets on the welder panel which turned the cooler on with the welder.

I was thinking about hooking this pump directly up to the contactor in the welder. The welder has 100 amp input.

Is there any reason not to do this? I really don't want to damage my machine but the current draw seems so low and I really don't want another circuit on the breaker box.
    Techno-Anarchist

Should work but....

The pump wont be protected and if you wanna weld without cooling (stick) theres no off button..

So kill both birds with one switch...Put a circuit breaker switch inline with the supply, rated for the pump motor. JRouche

Better make it a GFI breaker also,

[This message has been edited by JRouche (edited 01-07-2006).]
    My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

I guess I'll just install a new line. I need a 220 on that side of the shop for the plasma cutter. Kill 3 birds

Man sometimes simple projects just grow and grow...
      Techno-Anarchist

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by hoffman:
        Man sometimes simple projects just grow and grow...</font>

Isn't that the truth!!

Must be that O'l leg bong connected to the whatsit bone deal....

Seems like anything I wanna do anymore cannot be completed with the required steps..

Always something either breaks, doesnt fit, got lost, designed wrong, (be me) I break more than what was broke to begin with, I get broke (bleedin right now actually), I am broke (mulla), so on and so on...

Always something gettin in my way of just steppin through a job, oh well, gotta get to steppin....JRouche
        My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Yep, so I get this screamin' deal on a nice pump with a motor because it's a 220v motor. I only have like a bazillion nice grounded 110v cords around that I can't use so now I have to round up a 220v plug and add a receptical...
          Techno-Anarchist

Comment

Working...
          X