Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made a big pile of chips this weekend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a big pile of chips this weekend...

Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Cool, your into model railroading?

Comment

I was but never got around to making a layout, just bits and pieces. Wanna trade for 100 feet of PECO nickel silver flex track, N guage?

[This message has been edited by Evan (edited 01-08-2006).]

Comment

I dont have layout either, was going to make a diorama in HO scale, have the train go back and fourth every hour. Be a fun project for one of my Atmel chips.

Comment

I always have wanted to build a super detailed coffee table layout under glass with all sorts of animation. You can do some really neat things in N scale by using little puffs of low pressure compressed air from hidden needles to move things like windmills or doors/gates etc. I also like playing with fiber optics. The lamp over the doorway above lights up with a strand of fiber optic. That is a completely scratch built model of a coaling station.

Comment

I have always been fond of the Adams family because of his "interest" in model trains. Gomez knowed how to have fun.

ANd Uncle fester, I swear he must have been related.

Mike recently asked me to help route a train set around his family room. I'd like to put it up high, he is afraid of the fall and it costing a engine each time.
            Excuse me, I farted.

Comment

When I real little I wanted a "Adams Family train" for Christmas, when I didn't see it under the tree that wonderful morning, I was so an upset little boy. Then I was told that Santa had left me a toy subway, it wasn't much to look, but I could hear it rumble by every now and then. I was happy, until an older cousin told me it was toilet and drain from the flat upstairs

------------------
              Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

Are you having trouble threading on the lathe too?

Had the same coffee table thought years ago when we first got married and lived in a small apartment with no room/money/time for a work shop. I built Nscale buildings with the same goal in mind but it never developed.

Nice job on the structure. Whenever I see these old rr buildings I have a compulsion to photograph just for the possiblity of building them one day. To shakey these days!
                - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

I fool around with model trains a bit too.
                  Here's the engine house;

Here's Roxy, and Maxine taking a break from the local watering hole.

Kap

Comment

ooops there went the cup of coffee all over the screen and key board.

Comment

Oh man, a strip club in a model railroad layout! ROTFLMAO!
                      James Kilroy

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
                        I always have wanted to build a super detailed coffee table layout under glass with all sorts of animation. You can do some really neat things in N scale by using little puffs of low pressure compressed air from hidden needles to move things like windmills or doors/gates etc. .....</font>
                        Evan,

I sometimes wonder if you aren't my lost twin. I have had exactly (well almost exactly) that same ides for over 40 years. Since N scale first became popular. Sealed and automated with a cycle that took hours so no one could see any repeats. I did some HO scale in my younger days and had a layout in the garage. I still have some of the nicer cars that I built. They were from the wood kits which I liked far more than the plastic ones. Somehow the plastic stuff seemes too "plastic". Perhaps it's the draft and other non-scale things that all moldings require.

Nice work.

Paul A.
                        Paul A.

Make it fit.
                        You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

YOD, if you live in the North East, you should go visit Steam Town in Scranton, Pa. Kap, thats a cool enginehouse, I know your into live steam.
                          Well What was I doing shortly before I had to pack up my workshop? This right here:

All the parts layed out, mostly brass, those little barrel shape things are bearing bronze, the axles are oil hardening drill rod and the wheels are 12L14.
                          It is a Kozo Pennsy A3 switcher in 3.5" scale. I started this one before in 1" scale and got to the wheels and axles then decided to restart in the smaller scales. Those wheels btw are on ebay right now. It's been so long I forgot just how many parts I made so far and im barely a few percent done.

Comment

Paul,

I too had a small HO layout in the garage when I was young. I really like to scratch build stuff. I have even scratch built turnouts for N scale. I'll post a pic tonight. In the meantime heare are some scratch built searchlight signals that actually work via fiber optics.

Comment

I wish you guys would learn to speak English or at least Scottish when you all say theres is a big pan of chips made I start to salivate oooooooh chips mmmmmm Alistair
                              Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Working...
                              X