No announcement yet.

Work in metric????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"As whosit said in Gone with the Wind- Frankly, my dear! I couldn't care a damn."

I was gone with the wind last evening....oh my poor, long suffering wife, she gave a damn. I was dangerous until 2am

Ken

[This message has been edited by speedy (edited 01-04-2006).]
    Ken.

Comment

Yeah, Clark Gable; but is the wife good with the Metric system?

------------------
      Dave da Slave

Comment

Ken,
        Ever tried Bi-carbonate of soda?
        More story, please? Never mind this minor Metrication lark. Let's get down to the real things that matter.

All together- Yes, Ken, yes!

Norm

Comment

That sounds TOO kinky for me, "Yes Ken, Yes! I'll stay out of that and the literature!

------------------
          Dave da Slave

Comment

Dave,Norm and I are good friends; and that is all I`m saying!

"but is the wife good with the Metric system?"
            Metric reads a lot more impressive than imperial and it is user friendly.....still.

Ken
            and as Mountain sang "I`m alright now"
            Ken.

Comment

what happened here?

[This message has been edited by speedy (edited 01-05-2006).]
              Ken.

Comment

Sorry guys, just joking around. I used to take the Metric prints home and transpose them to make the next day go easier. Still have to use a calculator! Speedy, I think you mean Misissippi Queen by Mountain; because All Right Now, was by Free. I still play those songs,believe it or not!

------------------
                Dave da Slave

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Millman:
                  Sorry guys, just joking around. I used to take the Metric prints home and transpose them to make the next day go easier. Still have to use a calculator! Speedy, I think you mean Misissippi Queen by Mountain; because All Right Now, was by Free. I still play those songs,believe it or not!</font>
                  No apology needed Dave, as no offense taken. It is easy to misconstrue the intent sometimes but I figured you were piss taking.
                  Thanks for the correction. I must have memory fade. They are both great songs that still move me, and take me back to a different time. Just seeing the words Misissippi Queen, I can hear that song clearly. All my old 45`s and most of my LP`s are long gone .

Ken

[This message has been edited by speedy (edited 01-05-2006).]
                  Ken.

Comment

Thanks Evan !

Lets do the "chicken or the egg" next !
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

on the bench at work i have 2 identical lawnmowers by performance plus which is a brand name of b&q
                      both have briggs and stratton 3.5hp side valve engines.both engines look identical, but one is made in usa and uses imperial threads and the other is made by technomoto in italy and uses metric threads.
                      i wonder how i go on for ordering spare parts?what if threads on engine components are different?
                      this could prove interesting!!

Comment

I've moved from "Piddling around" and if you have a prostate like mine- you do!

Rockrat raised the point about counting in French. Maybe he got things a bit wrong- he had two birds in the bush at the time.

Counting in French is interesting when you get to 80. It becomes 4 20's or quatre vingt.
                        From there on, they add et un or and one but for two a simple deux. Fine but they keep counting using 4 20's and numbers until a 100.

I live at Les Arcs- there were three but now four. Mine is 1800 ie metres above sea level. In French, I live at mille- a thousand but quatre(4) vingts(20) cent(100)

Little wonder, I have become an alcoholic!

Down the hatch as they say in Swarziland

Norm

Comment

Working...
                        X