Is Shumatech Dead???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Shumatech Dead???

It seems after checking his web site and the shuma tech yahoo web site that the principal.. Scott is not responding and that at least for now DRO boards are not available.Sounds permanent.Damn that's sad.

Hope not, as there has just been an article about the DRO in the Model Engineer’s Workshop magazine here in the UK. The European orders part of the site seems still to be active; well at least it doesn’t give any hint that it is inactive ! The guy that runs the European operation may be able to help. The URL is http://81.138.11.136:8080/DRO350/index.html

Comment

I have been taking an interest from this side of the pond and have read MEW.

I followed- or should I say, trailed behind the Shumatech board getting more and more confused.

The foregoing suggests that I am far from the only one.
      It would help if somebody was to clarify the situation and if things are 'All Go', a set of Mrs Beeton's recipe books which start
      "First catch your pheasant" could make a measure of sense.

Norm,

Comment

The yahoo group is likely to be the best source for info. Scott Shumate had a terrible auto accident 13mo ago and was in and out of the hospital for awhile but came back and was running the 'company' uptil a month or so back, posting regularly on the group. It is a bit worrisome when his English contact Lester Caine, couldn't get an email response. Lester has been a source of boards and help in England from the early era of Shumatech.
        Steve
        Steve

Comment

Oh no........

------------------
          Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

I would rush to offer my sympathy and best wishes for anyone who has been subject to a major accident.

The trouble is that as with all one man bands, commercial factors also apply.
            Again, some agency must be in evidence to carry on until the owner gets back into full control once again. On that, we wish him well- and get well.

Norman

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NORMAN ATKINSON:
              The trouble is that as with all one man bands, commercial factors also apply.
              Again, some agency must be in evidence to carry on until the owner gets back into full control once again. On that, we wish him well- and get well.

Norman
              </font>
              Is this why God invented "Key Man Insurance"? .LOD

Comment

LOD,
                Only a reason to keep my money where my mouth is.

I'm already too confused to exercise anything except caution.

N

Comment

I've been following the story for a while. After all of his developement work on what looks like an excellent product all Scott was selling was a printed curcuit board and silkscreened face for about $15.00 or $20.00 each. A lot of the members are talking about finding a new source for both. They need some way to get a number of orders to get the work done in bulk for a reasonable price. Hell, I think the artwork for both is available for dowload on his site.

Comment

Scott appeared back on his website and has ordered more overlays and circuit boards. He was evidently having personal problems that were keeping him away from his website and apologized for it.

Comment

A U.S supplier is in the works. Scott is very much alive, just busy with other matters.

http://www.shumatech.com/order.php

ShumaTech Yahoo Group members can read Scotts post here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ShumaT...689?threaded=1

Comment

Working...
                      X