Trying to change user name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to change user name

At the Cabin fever show to day I asked Neils assistant how to change my user name and he said the only way was to reregister. I have done that, but when I click on "post new Topic" what comes up is my origional name. How do I get this page to show my current name? Thanks

I just did this. Neil had to have his end delete the old name, then I reregistered. I think that your user name is linked to your registration e-mail address.

------------------
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."
    Today I will gladly share my experience and advice, for there no sweeter words than "I told you so."

Comment

Reset your browser cookies.

Comment

Why do you want to change me, I am fine just the way I am.

Comment

Well if you wern't ashamed of your real name
          you wouldn't have any problem. :-)
          ...lew...

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lew Hartswick:
            Well if you wern't ashamed of your real name
            you wouldn't have any problem. :-)
            ...lew...
            </font>
            It is spelled "weren't".

Comment

You guys gonna" start that spelllllllling thing again; I mean agin'?

------------------
              Dave da Slave , BFH

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">but when I click on "post new Topic" what comes up is my origional name. How do I get this page to show my current name? Thanks</font>
                Put your cursor in the box and back space out the old name. Type in the new name. Do the same with the password box. The next time you post, the new name and password will be in the boxes.
                THAT OLD GANG 'O MINE

Comment

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm not sure which worked, but one did. As for using real names, arn't they in ones profile? Most BBs seem to want you to use an alias.
                  I just looked at my profile and can't find my name. It looks like the powers that be prefer you to use a "user name"

[This message has been edited by Buzzer John (edited 01-22-2006).]

Comment

Buzzer, don't let anyone tell you otherwise, it's okay to use either. Some folks are just so darn fool of themselves they can'thelp telling the world Use whatever your most comfortable with.
                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
                    Thank you to our families of soldiers, many of whom have given so much more then the rest of us for the Freedom we enjoy.

It is true, there is nothing free about freedom, don't be so quick to give it away.

Comment

Working...
                    X